Classic this morning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

subaqua

What’s the point
Anyone remember this one (Devon IIRC)

Snow-car.jpg

which is really strange, as those bred in devon have webbed fingers which should help with the clearing of the screen :smile:

GFamily

Über Member
You know,my mother has some old tarpaulin she uses and covers the windscreen with that (she shuts each end in a door to hold it down). That has to be the most affective way of preventing ice and having to scrape or de-ice after its already formed. You just peel it off. :smile:

Yebbut - if the screen is below freezing (which it is likely to be) it may well pick up frost from the moisture in the air over first couple of hundred yards, so the driver will lose vision anyway. I prefer to empty warmish water from a 4 pint milk container over the windscreen. Doing it in several 'pours' gives the glass time to get above freezing before I set off.

I only do this on my drive as I know where the run-off water will go . I wouldn't do it on the roadside as it would freeze to black ice.

Coco

LOL! No you've not missed the make. I just wondered if anyone would 'guess the stereotype'. I'm not a believer in sterotypes, but I was curious.

It was a BMW driver....:whistle:

My wife has just ordered a BMW. I'll let you know if her personality changes when she pciks it up. :biggrin:

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Got all the way to work this morning (on the bus) to find out they'd decided to close due to the weather. On the way back, watched a car coming the other way with the mountain on snow on the roof, which suddenly slid down oto the windscreen, totally covering it. Driver attempted to turn the wipers on but it was so thick & heavy nothing happened. She had to brake and slither to a stop to get out and clear it with her hands - with a long line of traffic slithering to a halt behind her. Imagine if I'd been on a bike just in front of her when she suddenly went 'blind'....

Whilst waiting for the bus at 6.40 this morning, I saw a number of cars with the side windows covered in snow - how they could see what was coming when they were pulling out of the junction, I'll never know. Obviously a sign that they never check before they pull out anyway if they failed to notice their windows were obscured!

Bloody idiots.

Top Bottom