Cinema by yourself?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LocalLad

I've got an overnight stay in a hotel Monday night. I'd usually pack my running gear (driving this time,so might have even taken the bike), but I've a bad chest so exercise is out the window.

So, I've decided to see if I can get tickets for the new star wars film. My wife thinks I'm mental for going to the cinema alone,but I don't see it...surely the cinema is an unsociable place anyway?

What's the CC view? Would you go it alone?

I go about once a week. Thing is, in a cinema, while the film is on, everyone should behave as if alone.

snorri

Legendary Member
Going alone to the pictures is perfectly normal behaviour I would say. Last time I went to the pictures accompanied was when my parents took me around the middle of the last century:smile:.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I have been to the cinema on my own loads
I like it, much better than eating out on your own, which is a very sad exoerience.

Noru

Nothing weird with it at all. As you say once you're in & the film starts they are pretty antisocial places anyway.

I've been to the cinema a lot by myself. The girlfriend worked on theatre tours so I was usually entertaining myself during the evenings in random cities when I visited, cinema seemed just the thing.

You'll probably notice quite afew people by themselves when you get there. No idea why some people think it's strange.

ScotiaLass

Guru
Yes.
Mr SL should think himself lucky that I've waited on him finishing his run of nights before heading to Star Wars.
I'm having to wait until Tuesday FFS! :laugh:

Stephenite

Membå
As long as there's no kissing-and-a-cuddling-in-the-back-row on your own, you'll be fine.
.. just wear a mac.

Thinking about doing the same - watching Star Wars alone that is. Planned to watch it with a buddy after Xmas but I don't think I can wait that long.

TVC

No problem going on your own. I have no issues going to restaurants or doing stuff alone if I'm away on business.

stephec

Squire
No problem going on your own. I have no issues going to restaurants or doing stuff alone if I'm away on business.

Same here.

Although one of our engineers once went into a Chinese restaurant in Nottingham and asked for a table for one, the only one they had left was a big round ten seat banqueting table in the centre of the room.

He said he felt like a right Billy no mates. :biggrin:

clid61

Veteran
Nowt wrong with it , good escape from everything and everyone for a few hours , and having the senses pounded for a while , instead of her indoors pounding them with drivel !!!!^_^

Top Bottom