Cheap Hybrid Bike vs Expensive Road Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EckyH

Wohoo slowly gaining speed.
That's good, very good.
Consistency is key as well as recovery. It is tempting to try harder every day, but it is counterproductive. In my opinion it is a good idea to do longer and longer rides at a fairly low exertion level with enough recovery between the rides. From time to time (perhaps once a week) a more intense, shorter ride for the fun of the speed would add some kind of variety.

But speed is just a number.
For the slower rides I usually have one or more points I want to visit and carry a camera in a handlebar bag, stop here and there to take a photograph and have a look for animals and flowers and other interesting things. So the rides are some kind of trips and have additional reasons, not just for the sake of cycling. And we have more to tell than just "I did 23km in one hour"...

Have fun on your rides.

E.

OP
OP
philipgonzales3

philipgonzales3

That's good, very good.
Consistency is key as well as recovery. It is tempting to try harder every day, but it is counterproductive. In my opinion it is a good idea to do longer and longer rides at a fairly low exertion level with enough recovery between the rides. From time to time (perhaps once a week) a more intense, shorter ride for the fun of the speed would add some kind of variety.

But speed is just a number.
For the slower rides I usually have one or more points I want to visit and carry a camera in a handlebar bag, stop here and there to take a photograph and have a look for animals and flowers and other interesting things. So the rides are some kind of trips and have additional reasons, not just for the sake of cycling. And we have more to tell than just "I did 23km in one hour"...

Have fun on your rides.

E.

Longest ride yet! And yeah I've seen some videos on 80% zone 2, 20% zone 4. I TRY to do this, but I don't really do much Zone 4 yet. I need to push myself harder on my hard days and go easier on my zone 2 days.

My main goal is fitness and weight loss. I don't like to stop because I feel like that holds back some of my progress. I am taking this awfully serious for someone who got into this on a whim because my son wanted to learn how to ride. I was like yeah 15 or 20 minutes every other day will be good. Now I don't like to go more than a day, 2 max without cycling, but def need to work on the recovery part haha.

I'm done for this week though, "I tell you what". In my best Hank Hill voice.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-06-15 115047.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-15 115047.png
    28.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20240615_135918_Strava.jpg
    Screenshot_20240615_135918_Strava.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20240615_135933_Strava.jpg
    Screenshot_20240615_135933_Strava.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 2
Top Bottom