Scotland : The Highlands CC Ecosse Lochs and Glens Tour #CONFIRMED#

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flyingfifi

Über Member
sorry im getting lost here :ninja:

I don't know which format the Garmin 200 prefers, I know that for the 500 I used to click "Export" in the top right and exported it as a TCX and copied those across to the NewFiles directory as Pat said. You might be better off with a GPX track but I don't think that includes turns or "caution: insane Sustrans route design ahead" markers

flyingfifi

Über Member
[QUOTE="Pat "5mph", post: 3847475, member: 197ied saving them on your hard drive, then copying them to Garmin "new files", then restarting the Garmin?
Or drop them directly in "routes", sometimes it works.[/QUOTE]
Its ok i,ve try it that way no good so i did it though connect garmin way had to start from scratch :cry:

bigjim

Legendary Member
I've downloaded the 3 routes easily enough through Mapsource and down onto my ancient Garmin Legend. Though I probably won't be able to use them as I can't see the dam thing without reading glasses and I can't ride in reading glasses so..... Oh well. Plus I always struggle to make the thing work properly and end up with a map or following a wheel of someone who can see.
Looks like it is going to be raining in the ride area Friday and Saturday. Did I mention I don't ride in the rain? Anybody who is daft enough to read some of my blog will see in bad weather, I leg it to the nearest train station though I don't think there is one, but whatever.
Up to now it's my intention to hopefully meet the Glagow pack on the A809 near to the Hlton Park golf club entrance. Just need an estimated ETA and a phone no of one of the group.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
[QUOTE="Pat "5mph", post: 3847475, member: 197ied saving them on your hard drive, then copying them to Garmin "new files", then restarting the Garmin?
Or drop them directly in "routes", sometimes it works.
Its ok i,ve try it that way no good so i did it though connect garmin way had to start from scratch :cry:[/QUOTE]
Got them in the Garmin (GPX file) by saving them on my hard drive, then putting them in Courses, then moving them from Courses to New files :sweat:
Only thing they are all called CC Ecosse, even tough I did rename them Day one, two, and so on.
Never mind, gonna rename them directly on the Garmin, by matching the miles.
@bigjim if you don't ride in the rain, you got the shock of your life coming ... and yes, there are no train stations, it's the wilderness :ph34r: :laugh:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Yesterday, I PM'd Fubar OMIL to inform him that my participation in the 2015 edition of the CC Ecosse Tour is very unlikely. :sad:

I've not been brilliant over the past few weeks, with various body parts not right enough to do a 4 day tour, mainly my shoulder but also legs and head and Mrs Scoosh had a tooth removed yesterday so is a bit delicate. :ohmy: I've been considering pulling out for a few weeks but Mrs S kept telling me I'd be fine and "… it will be good for you - you'll enjoy it …"
I'm just not 'up for it' and that is not the way to go on a CC Ecosse Tour :headshake:!

Have a great time, everyone, Ride Safe and don't break the speed record ... @Fubar will tell you what it is ^_^.

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
Or drop them directly in "routes", sometimes it works.
Its ok i,ve try it that way no good so i did it though connect garmin way had to start from scratch :cry:[/QUOTE]

I think you have to "import" then into Garmin Connect then "export" them to your device - I'll try it tonight though I don't find Garmin's the easiest devices to follow so will mostly be using a map and I don't plan on leaving anyone behind to fend for themselves! (unless that's how they choose to do it...)

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
I've downloaded the 3 routes easily enough through Mapsource and down onto my ancient Garmin Legend. Though I probably won't be able to use them as I can't see the dam thing without reading glasses and I can't ride in reading glasses so..... Oh well. Plus I always struggle to make the thing work properly and end up with a map or following a wheel of someone who can see.
Looks like it is going to be raining in the ride area Friday and Saturday. Did I mention I don't ride in the rain? Anybody who is daft enough to read some of my blog will see in bad weather, I leg it to the nearest train station though I don't think there is one, but whatever.
Up to now it's my intention to hopefully meet the Glagow pack on the A809 near to the Hlton Park golf club entrance. Just need an estimated ETA and a phone no of one of the group.

Well the weather for Thursday looks good, so I suppose that's all we can ask for...

@Pat "5mph" can you PM Jim your mobile number please?

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
Yesterday, I PM'd Fubar OMIL to inform him that my participation in the 2015 edition of the CC Ecosse Tour is very unlikely. :sad:

I've not been brilliant over the past few weeks, with various body parts not right enough to do a 4 day tour, mainly my shoulder but also legs and head and Mrs Scoosh had a tooth removed yesterday so is a bit delicate. :ohmy: I've been considering pulling out for a few weeks but Mrs S kept telling me I'd be fine and "… it will be good for you - you'll enjoy it …"
I'm just not 'up for it' and that is not the way to go on a CC Ecosse Tour :headshake:!

Have a great time, everyone, Ride Safe and don't break the speed record ... @Fubar will tell you what it is ^_^.

Thank you Mr Scoosh, your wisdom and experience will be missed! Of course it's too late to cancel anything so should you wake up on Thursday morning with a burning desire to cycle to Inverness you know where we will be... :whistle:

The plan is to leave SECC by 10am, on the slowest ride I've followed this route it took less than an hour to get to Baljaffray Road. We can ping you when we leave the SECC, that way if we're delayed you're not hanging around.

Sorry to hear, Mr Scoosh. Feel better soon!

Top Bottom