Cavendish – *SPOILERS*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
So, to the OP or anybody else thinking of starting a thread like this - even reducing the title to "Cavendish" gives the game away.
Well, not necessarily... with the Title as now is, I reckon that doesn't give away the result – did he win/ was he injured/is he out of the TdF etc...

IMHO... :thanks:

Alex321

Guru
I managed to watch the stage before seeing this thread, though I was already fairly sure, having seen the thumbnail of a video showing a happy Cav with his wife & kids.
1720087652118.png

My sister had already done the same thing so I was slightly less irritated by this thread than I otherwise would have been!

Sister, reading BBC news: "Oh, Mark Cavendish..."

Me: "Thanks for that - you just spoiled the excitement for me!"

:laugh:
My ex-wife was one that just didn't understand the issue. At all.

I remember an England footy match (probably a WC qualifier), it was played during the day and I planned to watch the replay/highlights in the evening.
She gets home from work:
"Oh, have you heard the ENG score yet?"
"No, I've avoided it succesfully. So far ..."
"Oh, OK I won't tell you then. But you'll be pleased!"

:boxing:

🤣

Ajax Bay

Guru
Last edited:

Ajax Bay

Guru
To be fair, that thread was written in 2014. Cyclops had been a member for 2 years before that, so can be excused for never reading it.
I guess.
Nope: zero excuse. Have not seen any apology yet, either.
Tbf the "reminder about spoilers" is a pinned thread: see sub-forum list: https://www.cyclechat.net/forums/pro-cycling-road-and-track-racing.5/
"Pog wins TdF **Spoilers**" I have no idea what the original thread title was, though (think it's been amended at least twice including by Mods); perhaps it didn't mention the rider's name, or "35 at last", in which case I take it all back @Cycleops

Alex321

Guru
Nope: zero excuse. Have not seen any apology yet, either.
Tbf the "reminder about spoilers" is a pinned thread: see sub-forum list: https://www.cyclechat.net/forums/pro-cycling-road-and-track-racing.5/
"Pog wins TdF **Spoilers**" I have no idea what the original thread title was, though (think it's been amended at least twice including by Mods); perhaps it didn't mention the rider's name, or "35 at last", in which case I take it all back @Cycleops

The original title (or at least the first I saw) said "Cavendish Does Well **Spoilers**"

It is inconceivable that anybody with the slightest interest in the TdF who saw that would not realise what it meant.

OP
OP
Cycleops

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Oh dear, sorry if I've upset a lot of TfF fans but I thought as it was on the Beeb that this was common knowledge already.
I've never been obsessive about sport of any kind but I think great achievements like his should be celebrated, hence the post, sorry about the timing.
I promise never to post in Pro Cycling again..
A lot of people did like it though :smile:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Oh dear, sorry if I've upset a lot of TfF fans but I thought as it was on the Beeb that this was common knowledge already.
I've never been obsessive about sport of any kind but I think great achievements like his should be celebrated, hence the post, sorry about the timing.
I promise never to post in Pro Cycling again..
A lot of people did like it though :smile:

Yeh stick to your breakfast cereal - porridge or Honey Nut Cornflakes for the win. ;)

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Don't get me wrong, I'm one of Cav's biggest fans .... he is an absolute sporting hero of mine .... but I came across the Stele Eddy Merckx near Stavelot yesterday, and his palmares knocked Cav's out of the water. When you read the plaque of his achievements, it doesn't even bother to mention TdF stage victories, just overall wins. Come to think of it, it doesn't mention his 1973 Vuelta win either. That just comes under "etc"!
29..JPG

Top Bottom