Cat microchipping now mandatory for ALL cats in England

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I suppose there is the "if it isn't your cat, we'll take it away until the owner claims it, and if they don't, either put it down or give it to a cat sanctuary. You can then buy it back, but with a chip."

Aye sounds like the RSPCA version of Cat sanctuary.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Just remembered we had “ distillery cats” or perhaps distillery and maltings cats which were fed by the distillery so I suppose they would go under farm cats. A couple of them were domestic in that they came into our house which was distillery property but there purpose in life was to help keep rat numbers under control.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I be
Just remembered we had “ distillery cats” or perhaps distillery and maltings cats which were fed by the distillery so I suppose they would go under farm cats. A couple of them were domestic in that they came into our house which was distillery property but there purpose in life was to help keep rat numbers under control.

I bet they weren't MC'd.

We have a never ending stream of farm cats down the road from us.

Nasty things tbh and no way are they MC'd. A vet couldn’t get near the things to jab one in.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I be

I bet they weren't MC'd.

We have a never ending stream of farm cats down the road from us.

Nasty things tbh and no way are they MC'd. A vet couldn’t get near the things to jab one in.

In those days it was not regarded as necessary and they also hung around the workers bothy so partly domesticated.

Top Bottom