Best places you've ever cycled

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Never ridden abroad but one of the nicest ride I have done is near Glyncorrwg. There are sections of the Skyline trail called "riding high" and "on the edge". Basically its a narrow trail near the edge of a cliff, very entertaining.
I have been to the top of 2 of the 3 peaks but not on a MTB, would be fun on the downhill I bet!

Is that in Wales?

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
For me it would have to be the French Alps in summer. Epic scenery, punishing climbs, breathtakingly fast descents, courteous drivers when there were some (some of the Alpine passes you would not see a car for hours) fantastic food and wine...what's not to love?

2nd place would be Marin county (north of the Golden Gate Bridge) in California, some real isolated wilderness to explore with just fantastic scenery.

e-rider

Banned member
Finland was nice. Unfortunately I was on a hire bike which spoiled it a bit. I might go back there one day on my own bike and do a proper tour.

jazzkat

Fixed wheel fanatic.
Ahh but the reward at the top is worth it. Example: 2hrs to climb the Glandon gets you a 45min descent at warp speed down smooth roads....amazing fun.
Me and a few mates are doing just this at the end of July :biggrin:

L14M

Über Member
Has to be portugal for me, great roads, great people great climbs! Can't wiat to go back there. Its just a shame I only have a btwin mtb there lol

TheDoctor

Noble and true, with a heart of steel
Not sure I have a single 'best' place.
The Netherlands has great cycling infrastructure, France has good food and decent roads, Austria has excellent beer and the scenery's none too shabby either, and the UK has some great stuff too. I defy anyone to have a better ride than descending Ditchling at 6am heading in the general direction of breakfast.

theloafer

Legendary Member
Me and a few mates are doing just this at the end of July :biggrin:

enjoy its a canny climb :whistle:
IMG_2996.JPG

Top Bottom