Anybody gone back to try a "manual" bike??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Problem with referring to them as E-bikes is that the wonderful Media often refer to illegal electric motorbikes as E-Bikes
including the ones which look nothing like a "normal" bike and can do 70 mph - and all that

so they muddy the water
especially if you are talking to non bike people

you could use EPAC but it is clumsy and little known

E-Bike should be OK on here as we can understand that it should mean legal versions - or something damn close to it

Brandane

Legendary Member
I also have both. 1 e-bike and 4 "others"; a roadie, a tourer, a MTB, and a do it all Genesis Croix de Fer. If I was only allowed 1 bike it would be the Genesis. But I don't smoke, don't do exotic holidays, so I have multiple bikes just because I can, and life is short. Do what you want to do. I like my e-bike and it's an investment for the future. Hopefully I won't ever have to rely on battery assistance, but who knows.

Good morning,

Second week off the ebike and I am definitely feeling better at the start of the week, but Friday reminded me why I decided to try an ebike.

If I had the space to access both the ebike and bike easily in the morning I would definitely go with one or two days a week ebike and the others bike. Either way I must go back to how I started and only have the motor on at all when I want it to do something.

Weight wise the ebike is just over 4kg heavier that the bike and this is noticable, not as much as riding home from the supermarket with a week's shopping but still obvious, especially when stop/starting.

The Raleigh is so much more fun to ride it accelarates and slows down in a much more entertaining way, the Ribble just seems to have far more inertia then the mass difference would suggest.

It has also got proper gear shifters not mechanical STI, that is to say downtube front mech and Ultegra Di2 rear.
:laugh:

I did try Di2 front but I need a new BB for that, yes a new BB, the Di2 front mech was designed for a 10 speed chainset and with a brief play doesn't seem happy with the spacing of the Shimano 6207 7 speed chainset

However I do have some more fitness to find before the ride times close back up, although this is hard to judge as darkness has reappeared. Of course darkness is the lack of light so it is an absence so it can't really appear!!

Bye

Ian

Top Bottom