Admit your ignorance - things you've only just realised/learned

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Up north it is usually Northern. Offpeak it is not unknown to get my own carriage.

Empty carriages are unheard of since the Germany Ticket was introduced, because it makes travelling on local transport practically free. The higher loadings are a bit annoying at times, but on the other hand it's great to spontaneously go somewhere and have a fixed cost for commuting et c.

Last edited:
Empty carriages are unheard of since the Germany Ticket was introduced, because it makes travelling on local transport practically free. The higher loadings are a bit annoying at times, but on the other hand it's great to spontaneously go somewhere and have a fixed cost for communing et c.

We had a similar experience here in Victoria Oz. Go anywhere in the State for about $11AUD or half price for Seniors

Alex321

Guru
After 5 years owning my current car, I only discovered today that it has stop/start technology.

It seems it only cuts in (or out!) when I come to a halt already in neutral, with the clutch not depressed, and I hardly ever do that. If I stop then put it in neutral, it continues running. As soon as I put it in gear, it starts again.

albion

Guru
Places with the highest number of centurions also have very high rates of pension fraud.
Some some celebrated towns are now dead silent.

albion

Guru
Japan. 230,000 went 'missing'. Obviously many have been dead for years.

Happens in many a country I imagine making lifespan stats quite inaccurate. A Japanese audit found 40,000 alive.

Top Bottom