205 miles in a day (Tommy Godwin Challenge) - the Progress thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not that any outcome can repair the damage done.

No, but if someone could pull out the nobber's finger and toe nails with a pair of pliers, it won't half cheer Steve's fans up.

The policeman said he was on police bail having failed a breathaliser test. Awaiting results of a blood test which could take up to 6 weeks.

It does.

I've also never, ever had a blood test come back as "under" yet when sent off - even for a breath test that, had they blown 1 microgramme less, they would have walked out of the station with no further action.

Anticipate a drink driving charge further down the line I think.

There's a video of Steve on Facebook going round the track, but I cannot get it to embed for love nor money :cursing:
https://www.facebook.com/stevenabraham2015/videos/1572375333011097/

There are a few comments about the 'crutch carriers' etc...I'm guessing this is tongue-in-cleat stuff for the all-consuming spectatorship. What a journey he's on, and Kurt is ailing in Winnebagoland. Only in the UK are parasites standing for election - over there they are burrowing in it seems. GWS both of them. The other chap attempting a record mileage, Miles Smith, in Australia, is rolling steadily back and forth, back and forth, fifth, third, forth, third...et seq, just waiting for the opportunity to deploy his 80 - odd tooth chainring.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I only hope the mopedist has realised what he's done.
The mopedist doesn't give a rat's arse, I shouldn't think. It was 'only a cyclist' after all. Even if the full circumstances of Steve's ride was explained to him slowly and in monosyllabic words, I doubt he's over fussed. If he was driving to work over the limit, I should think that he's more worried about being late in or losing his job.

That may indicate he was borderline over the limit, which would fit if it was a morning after job.

True, although Steve should be invited to make a victim personal statement detailing the impact it has had on him.

In the event of a successful prosecution, the sentencing tribunal is obliged to take the statement into account.

I remain to be convinced the statements have much impact on sentencing levels in most cases.

Its primarly a closure opportunity for the victim. I too have doubts abouts its impact on sentencing.

Top Bottom