205 miles in a day (Tommy Godwin Challenge) - the Progress thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If he's hit a pothole or holes hard enough to crack the frame wouldn't he have knackered the wheel too?

Edit: Actually not crack, snap.

Wouldn't using a Ti bike make sense? They are not known for falling apart at the drop of a hat. Reliability being the name of the game and all.
The straight answer is no. Wheels are incredibly tough, three cross build with 32 / 36 spokes are bomb proof, so much so that [this is why I quoted your post @Saluki ] many years ago I hit an immovable object whilst riding a Ti bike at considerable speed, it bent the bike frame but the front wheel was untouched, the carbon forks were also cracked.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
if you watch the video above, he's got access to another five bikes. Including titanium.

And boy he is Cheerful!
Thanks. Facebook is blocked at work so I've just seen the video. Sounds like he's going to have to ship more bikes in that are not with him. If I had a Ti lovely hanging around I think I'd switch straight to that anyway - our riding styles may be rather different though :biggrin:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Kurt has now given up on the loops and is heading east.
Steve is currently on 172 miles and not far from home

Last edited:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Teethgrinder the Mighty knocks out another 190 miler today. Another day of tough conditions. And a fair bit of up and down thrown in.

SA.jpg

SA Map.jpg

13 rider

Guru
Anybody noticed milage total on website has jumped to 6100 that's 600 miles today .thought today started at 5400 seems today's milage has been duplicated

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Anybody noticed milage total on website has jumped to 6100 that's 600 miles today .thought today started at 5400 seems today's milage has been duplicated

It happened before. He is logging on a few Garmins so must have uploaded them all by mistake. It was rectified before and will be again.

Top Bottom