205 miles in a day (Tommy Godwin Challenge) - the Progress thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jo from the other place

Day 227 / 8: Steve rides 201 miles south via Shrivenham to Newhaven to catch the ferry to France for his Paris-Brest-Paris ride tomorrow. This places his reboot attempt 49 miles above Tommy's WR pace and 220 miles ahead of his first attempt at this point. Miles rides the bay with an extra diversion thrown in to give him 172 miles for the day. William does a couple of rides today for 75 miles, making this his second highest daily total since he started the challenge.

Nothing posted from Kurt as yet.

oyttDay227.png

[QUOTE 3856599, member: 9609"]I am sure Kurt was at 173 just before 1am (sunday morning) yesterday, so I guess it will be the usual 210ish from kurt for Saturday.

The Paris Breast Audax kicked off 2½ hrs ago (at 3pm BST) Steve still seems to be heading to the start point with a mile or so to go - not that a few hours late will make any difference to him finishing the 1200km (750 mile) in the allocated 80 hours. Just astonishing isn't it - riding 120 mile to the start of a 750 mile audax - It is all out of my comprehension.[/QUOTE]

Several dozen PBPers from the UK cycle to the start, not just Steve. And Steve's start time may not be til tomorrow morning.

From a thread elsewhere, his start time is 2100 today.

I guess he's trying to make sure he does at least a Godwin each day, especially when the weather is good / just after the restart.
So riding there is the only way to do this if he's got a late start. Even if he does the PBP in 3-4 days, he's really only keeping pace with what's required for the next 12 months :wacko:.

Top Bottom