205 miles in a day (Tommy Godwin Challenge) - the Progress thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
From Jo over at the other place

Day 137: Steve passes 20,000 miles on his north-south Flatlanders 600 trial run. Kurt repeats his Little Rock routine with a break for some heavy rain. Miles is up and down the bay a few times for 237 miles.

oyttDay137.png

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah

Day 138: Kurt is nothing if not consistent, clocking up 241 miles back and forth along the Arkansas river. Miles does the same along the bay for 230 miles. Steve rides 106 miles back home from Essex.

oyttDay138.png

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
[QUOTE 3701930, member: 9609"]From what I have read HAM'R seem to insist on being given a start date, and I believe Steve was going to set another start date for June and then have two attempts running concurrently. Why that is the case is beyond me, if you are uploading the data every day then surely you could go on indefinitely and choose the highest 365 day running total.[/QUOTE]
I think that makes charging for it a lot harder.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
[QUOTE 3701963, member: 9609"]Could charge by extending the timescale by another few months - and surely if you are on the quickest 100,000 miler challenge, then why not except the best 365 day for the HAM'R.[/QUOTE]
Why not indeed. Provided Steve's paid his bucks to cover HAM'R's costs over the period, HAM'R allows a ride to be begun on any day of the year. Choosing the best 365 does have a slight feeling of creaming it but, after all, they're still miles ridden on consecutive days. If the data are clean, then whether HAM'R accept it or not, because Steve will have done those miles in 365 days, and it matters little whether it's official for HAM'R because we'll all (on this side of the pond...) still credit Steve for the achievement.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah

Day 139: As the end of May approaches and Kurt, Steve and Miles clock up 228, 205 and 140 miles respectively, we begin the most challenging period of the OYTT. The first of the previous records, starting with Billie Fleming's 1938 total of 29,604 miles beckons for Kurt. Tommy was beginning to increase his daily milage beyond his average of 206 miles per day. Something Steve will have to do too if he is to have chance beating Tommy in 2015. Days will get longer, sleep will become rarer.

oyttDay139.png

Attachments

• oyttDay139.png
    oyttDay139.png
    44.1 KB · Views: 28

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Day 140: More Arkansas river riding for Kurt (187 miles), Port Phillip Bay for Miles (196) and a couple of Gibbons for Steve (101).

oyttDay140.png

Attachments

• oyttDay140.png
    oyttDay140.png
    40.3 KB · Views: 29
Top Bottom