2024 Races with Spoilers !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tarric

Über Member
Remco abandoned ☹️ sh1te weather !
Just as well there's good weather forecast for next week.

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...

Attachments

• 7AB6BCE1-489B-4552-96E4-F7839A7E1666.jpeg
    7AB6BCE1-489B-4552-96E4-F7839A7E1666.jpeg
    31.7 KB · Views: 7

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Taco van der Hoorn fourth in Paris Tours. I think anyway, they never showed us the full list.

1,2,3 was Christophe Laporte, Mathias Vacek and Jasper Phillipsen. But nobody cares about that. We all want to know how Taco did.

Bum. It wasn't Taco at all. Commentator had the wrong Intermarche rider. Mike Teunissen was fourth. Taco came in 27th. To be fair everyone was so coated in mud that he was doing well to identify the jerseys.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Taco van der Hoorn fourth in Paris Tours. I think anyway, they never showed us the full list.

1,2,3 was Christophe Laporte, Mathias Vacek and Jasper Phillipsen. But nobody cares about that. We all want to know how Taco did.

Bum. It wasn't Taco at all. Commentator had the wrong Intermarche rider. Mike Teunissen was fourth. Taco came in 27th. To be fair everyone was so coated in mud that he was doing well to identify the jerseys.
Watched the last 10k of that...Laporte and Vacek did well to hold the peloton off !
I was torn who I wanted for that victory....but I guess you've got to feel a little sorry for Visma this year,consolation prize 🙄

This is not a race I knew much about. But it now intrigues me;
apparently they only quite recently diverted it down the current "farm tracks" (are they proper tarmac? is there pave?)
Tours** is a very nice town, on a direct fast train from Caen*. And the French lay on supreme bike facilities on the services that connect with the ferry. Actual humans whose soul job is to wait on cyclists. I must post my photos some time ...

*It stops at Le Mans too, so motorsport touristes can have a nose round there too.
** I have no idea how close Paris-Tours actually gets to Tours itself.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
This is not a race I knew much about. But it now intrigues me;
apparently they only quite recently diverted it down the current "farm tracks" (are they proper tarmac? is there pave?)
Tours** is a very nice town, on a direct fast train from Caen*. And the French lay on supreme bike facilities on the services that connect with the ferry. Actual humans whose soul job is to wait on cyclists. I must post my photos some time ...

*It stops at Le Mans too, so motorsport touristes can have a nose round there too.
** I have no idea how close Paris-Tours actually gets to Tours itself.

If you can listen to the streaming of the commentary they discussed the history quite a lot. I wasn't really listening properly but ...

The final 60? km of the race is similar to Tro Bro Léon and the farm tracks are quite like the "ribinous" dirt roads. No they aren't tarmac. They are gravelly. It's like P-R in that it's a road race with mucky sectors but they aren't pavé. I think they were introduced in 2019(?).

There was one guy, I forget who*, who won both before and after the switch to dirt road sectors. Historically it has a reputation of being a race for the sprinters, but now I guess it's a race for sprinters covered in mud.

* Jelle Wallays

Last edited:
Top Bottom