2024 Races with Spoilers !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tarric

Ɯber Member
Final race..monument of the season tomorrow and weather is looking good !
Can anybody challenge Pog or is it just a case of how far out he goes from....50k and see the rest of you in the bar at Como šŸ˜
Of all the monuments it's probably the one where the parcours suits him best, hence the reason he's won it for the last 3 years.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Q36.5 or Bora next year it is then....
Screenshot_20241011-201659.png

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Pog pogs the rest again

I may have said this before but..... this isn't good for the sport. I like Pog and recognise that he is just doing what he does best, and what he is paid to do but.... this degree of dominance is unhealthy for the sport is discouraging people to watch. As it happens, I only have Eurosport which wasn't showing the race race live today... and do I care having read what happened, no not one bit. I want to see races where the result is in doubt until the end... not run away victories. But again... no criticism of Pog.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I may have said this before but..... this isn't good for the sport. I like Pog and recognise that he is just doing what he does best, and what he is paid to do but.... this degree of dominance is unhealthy for the sport is discouraging people to watch. As it happens, I only have Eurosport which wasn't showing the race race live today... and do I care having read what happened, no not one bit. I want to see races where the result is in doubt until the end... not run away victories. But again... no criticism of Pog.

I agree in principleā€¦but itā€™s Pog! Heā€™s so charming and joyful that I donā€™t feel that way. If it was anyone else, I would! His character mitigates the dominance!

One of the things I most love about womenā€™s cycling is how tense it is right up to the end! The end of the Giro, the end of the Tour, the end of Paris Roubaix and the World Championshipsā€¦nail biting stuff this year!

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!

Can't agree with you there.

Many sports have a single dominant person at any given time and they still attract vast swathes of fans.

Plenty of people clapping & cheering TP on the road today.

I find it exciting to watch him attack and destroy the competition - fantastic to see tbh.

Long may it continue, too.

Top Bottom