Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Ignore me, I'm all linked up to Zwift Power now. Got Strava already. Anything else I need to do?
No, that should be all for now - you'll be all set for joining the league for the Tour De Zwift if you want. It would be helpful if you joined the Cyclechat team on ZP as well - it makes it easier to find stage results.

Now, we just need to decide on a start time for you for the handicap race tonight if you want to join? Have you done any races on Zwift at all yet?

Joffey

Big Dosser
No, that should be all for now - you'll be all set for joining the league for the Tour De Zwift if you want. It would be helpful if you joined the Cyclechat team on ZP as well - it makes it easier to find stage results.

Now, we just need to decide on a start time for you for the handicap race tonight if you want to join? Have you done any races on Zwift at all yet?

Cyclechat team joined. Would like to join the TdZ league - I presume I just ride it and my results will be compared to the rest of you on Zwift Power?

I've never raced on Zwift before unfortunately - I am happy for you to guess a handicap lol - that's my Strava - I'm currently not very fit at all so be kind haha if you want to look through my last few rides.

Last edited:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
OK, provisional start times are below - I will add in anyone else who posts on here to say they are joining - @bobinski is it right that you are riding tonight? Pete I have put you at the same time as me - the last TT we did (a short one) you had the fastest time of anyone and were 14 seconds quicker than me, and you also had the fastest time on the last 30ish minutes stage which this one is - don't worry I'm way off top form myself too, and anyway we can adjust times for a second run after tonight if needs be! Tommy same time as me too as requested, and Lee you were only 1 second different anyway so same time for simplicity!

@Freelanderuk you are the most important person on this list because other start times are taken from you, so if you can't make it for any reason please say ASAP! Obviously if Lee or Marino say they are riding this will change!

Tommy, yes when @Freelanderuk starts, I suggest we hit "A" on the keyboard which will take us to the pairing screen and ensure our riders won't move so we can keep pedaling to stay warm - so probably best to start a stopwatch at this point to keep an eye on time. When the appropriate time from the first rider is clear, stop pedaling, exit the pairing screen and wait at the start until the on screen timer shows the correct elapsed time since Freelander set off - then we go

View attachment 499489

Thanks for working it out and setting it up Paul. It should be a good laugh. I think it makes sense to bunch people together as much as possible because obviously anyone on their own is at a disadvantage to a larger group at the start.

My league standings were marginally better than your’s and Lee’s in the most recent leagues I entered but I haven’t raced in over 6 weeks so same as you and Pete I think there’ll be a lot of rust getting brushed off tonight all round (I think I just found the perfect combination of needle mixed with excuse! :laugh: :thanks:)

OK, provisional start times are below - I will add in anyone else who posts on here to say they are joining - @bobinski is it right that you are riding tonight? Pete I have put you at the same time as me - the last TT we did (a short one) you had the fastest time of anyone and were 14 seconds quicker than me, and you also had the fastest time on the last 30ish minutes stage which this one is - don't worry I'm way off top form myself too, and anyway we can adjust times for a second run after tonight if needs be! Tommy same time as me too as requested, and Lee you were only 1 second different anyway so same time for simplicity!

@Freelanderuk you are the most important person on this list because other start times are taken from you, so if you can't make it for any reason please say ASAP! Obviously if Lee or Marino say they are riding this will change!

Tommy, yes when @Freelanderuk starts, I suggest we hit "A" on the keyboard which will take us to the pairing screen and ensure our riders won't move so we can keep pedaling to stay warm - so probably best to start a stopwatch at this point to keep an eye on time. When the appropriate time from the first rider is clear, stop pedaling, exit the pairing screen and wait at the start until the on screen timer shows the correct elapsed time since Freelander set off - then we go

View attachment 499489

Hi
I can race tonight but don’t now how I will fair as I had a blast this morning , also the attachment with start time will not open for me

Are we on TT BIKES

bridgy

Legendary Member
Hi
I can race tonight but don’t now how I will fair as I had a blast this morning , also the attachment with start time will not open for me

Are we on TT BIKES
Don't worry - I need to update the start times anyway as you're no longer going to be first off, as @Marino.g is now riding and will start first - I will update and post shortly...

Looks like we'll be up to about 10 riders now - what's the general concensus on TT or road bikes? I van see pros and cons to both...

Del C

Veteran

View attachment 499489
Odd!

I can see the attachment on my iPhone but it won't open on my MacBook or iPad - says the attachment can't be found.

I'll be there tonight. I think I can make it for 6 if necessary.

I'll head off at my handicap time, but I'm not intending to ride flat out. Doesn't really matter as it will let me set a time according to how I'm riding at the moment.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Odd!

I can see the attachment on my iPhone but it won't open on my MacBook or iPad - says the attachment can't be found.

I'll be there tonight. I think I can make it for 6 if necessary.

I'll head off at my handicap time, but I'm not intending to ride flat out. Doesn't really matter as it will let me set a time according to how I'm riding at the moment.
Sorry - it's because I went in to edit the post but then realised I needed to make even more changes than I thought, so your Macnbook and Ipad will have updated the page. It's probably best its gone anyway to avoid confusion!

bridgy

Legendary Member
Cyclechat team joined. Would like to join the TdZ league - I presume I just ride it and my results will be compared to the rest of you on Zwift Power?

I've never raced on Zwift before unfortunately - I am happy for you to guess a handicap lol - https://www.strava.com/athletes/287526 that's my Strava - I'm currently not very fit at all so be kind haha if you want to look through my last few rides.
I've found you on Strava and it looks like you're doing similar power to Marino G so I suggest you start at the very beginning with him and see how that works out - if you end up winning solo 5 minutes ahead of everyone else I'll adjust accordingly for the re-run! :evil:

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Don't worry - I need to update the start times anyway as you're no longer going to be first off, as @Marino.g what's the general concensus on TT or road bikes? I van see pros and cons to both...

sorry I can’t make tonight. I’d suggest if the original times were set on road bikes then go with road bikes and vice versa.

Top Bottom