Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Ah that's great - I'll wait a bit to see who else replies but will add Lee and Bob to the time splits.

6 or 7pm tonight best for people?
I’m trying my hand in the 3R Ultimate race series running Tuesdays so that will limit me to thursdays for the next number of weeks.

Thanks Al - I've replied to the survey (slight typo - you've put Friday 11th instead of Saturday 11th).

Oops...I had meant Friday 10th at 7pm but have added Saturday options as well - morning and evening.

peterob

Veteran
Well, not a great response to the handicap race suggestion. So far just @peterob , @Freelanderuk , @Del C (maybe) @<Tommy> and me up for it - and possibly @Joffey now. Not really enough to make it worth doing, but I'm happy to give it a go anyway if you are - we can at least try to iron out any problems and sort out the best way to run it?

The time splits we were going to use are below, with the start time gaps added for the above people. Pete, your start time looks rather generous considering your recent form don't you think? Not sure I like the idea of giving Tommy a 28 second lead either to be honest! Let me know if you think we should adjust any time gaps at all....

View attachment 499470
Thanks for trying to organise @bridgy :okay:. I think it's worth trying to do the handicap race tonight and iron out any issues. I can do either 6pm or 7pm.

As it's an individual race I assume we will be using TT bikes only? Otherwise it will be a big disadvantage for riders who start off with large time gaps between them and their nearest competitor.

As for my time, it does look rather generous doesn't it! :laugh:. I think my time was taken when I was still coming back from injury so I'm happy to be dragged back to a time more akin to the likes of you, Tommy and Lee. Although if tonight is anything like yesterday then I may struggle (I only managed to do a third of my planned SufferFest workout before having to bail :wacko:).

bridgy

Legendary Member
Thanks for trying to organise @bridgy :okay:. I think it's worth trying to do the handicap race tonight and iron out any issues. I can do either 6pm or 7pm.

As it's an individual race I assume we will be using TT bikes only? Otherwise it will be a big disadvantage for riders who start off with large time gaps between them and their nearest competitor.

As for my time, it does look rather generous doesn't it! :laugh:. I think my time was taken when I was still coming back from injury so I'm happy to be dragged back to a time more akin to the likes of you, Tommy and Lee. Although if tonight is anything like yesterday then I may struggle (I only managed to do a third of my planned SufferFest workout before having to bail :wacko:).
I think definitely if we have a lot of riders, normal bike would be best as the drafting element will make the race more tactical and fun. Remember the faster riders will be coming from behind so there's an opportunity to jump onto their wheel and draft, rather than them riding away at the start of a normal race. Also groups can form and work together to either stay away up front or catch riders. However you're probably right if there's only a handful of us, TT bikes might be fairer. I'll wait a bit to see if we get any more replies and then we can make a final decision....

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
So I can drop my TR ride for an individual TT tonight

Do we stick on the line after countdown and leave so many seconds after for each of us.?

Last edited:

bridgy

Legendary Member
So I can drop my TR ride for an individual TT tonight

Do we sick on the line after countdown and leave so many seconds after for each of us.?
Yeah, plan will be for the slowest rider to go first, and then everyone else wait in the start/warmup section for a set time - which I'll post on here when we have a final list of riders. If you press "A" on the keyboard you'll go to the pairing screen which will stop your avatar from moving so you'll be able to keep pedaling to stay warm while you wait for your start time. I don't think you'll be able to see the on-screen time though, so you'll have to keep a separate note of how much time has elapsed since the first rider started.

bridgy

Legendary Member
I haven’t been getting any race invites since before Xmas. :sad:
That's because there haven't been any meetup races since before Xmas! Do you want to ride the handicap race tonight? I haven't done invites for tonight yet as I'm just waiting to see who's riding

Milzy

Guru
That's because there haven't been any meetup races since before Xmas! Do you want to ride the handicap race tonight? I haven't done invites for tonight yet as I'm just waiting to see who's riding
Thought that could be it. Yes that would be nice Paul.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
I’m up for it as long as instructions are idiot proof 😁

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Yeah, plan will be for the slowest rider to go first, and then everyone else wait in the start/warmup section for a set time - which I'll post on here when we have a final list of riders. If you press "A" on the keyboard you'll go to the pairing screen which will stop your avatar from moving so you'll be able to keep pedaling to stay warm while you wait for your start time. I don't think you'll be able to see the on-screen time though, so you'll have to keep a separate note of how much time has elapsed since the first rider started.

I see I’m a few seconds ahead of you and lee but I think I’ll set off with you guys and pete(?) if that’s ok.

If we’re not able to see a clock on screen which clock are we going off? We watch the first rider go and then set a countdown timer on our phones maybe ?

Joffey

Big Dosser
Hi @Joffey - welcome! Obviously Zwift has loads of organised events (races, workouts, non-competitive group rides) which you can join via the companion app, but in addition to those, we like to organise our own races and keep track of results in a monthly league - basically because it's good to race with people who you've got to know rather than just random people on the internet! There's some really close battles between people of similar pace throughout our little league.

We normally race on Tuesday's at 6pm (UK time) and Thursday's at 7pm - you can join one or both. However, this month we're going to do the Tour De Zwift stages (starts on Jan 12th) and use the results from Zwiftpower for our league table. When Tour De Zwift is over we'll probably organise our own league races again which we do via the meetup function.

So if you want to join in with our league you're welcome to, but you'll need to be signed up to Zwiftpower if you're not already (you'll also need to be on Strava for our the races we organise ourselves as this is where we get stage times from).

Any questions, just ask :thumbsup:

Argh, struggling to find my Zwift ID - tried the workarounds but it's not helping - I'm using a Mac - might this be it?

bridgy

Legendary Member
OK, provisional start times are below - I will add in anyone else who posts on here to say they are joining - @bobinski is it right that you are riding tonight? Pete I have put you at the same time as me - the last TT we did (a short one) you had the fastest time of anyone and were 14 seconds quicker than me, and you also had the fastest time on the last 30ish minutes stage which this one is - don't worry I'm way off top form myself too, and anyway we can adjust times for a second run after tonight if needs be! Tommy same time as me too as requested, and Lee you were only 1 second different anyway so same time for simplicity!

@Freelanderuk you are the most important person on this list because other start times are taken from you, so if you can't make it for any reason please say ASAP! Obviously if Lee or Marino say they are riding this will change!

Tommy, yes when @Freelanderuk starts, I suggest we hit "A" on the keyboard which will take us to the pairing screen and ensure our riders won't move so we can keep pedaling to stay warm - so probably best to start a stopwatch at this point to keep an eye on time. When the appropriate time from the first rider is clear, stop pedaling, exit the pairing screen and wait at the start until the on screen timer shows the correct elapsed time since Freelander set off - then we go

View attachment 499489

Top Bottom