Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Count me in as well, if we're doing only 1 lap (23.5 km).
Yes one lap. Added you to the start times below:

Excellent, cheers everyone and good luck tonight :okay:

Welcome along to the group ,don’t stop till the finish line but there is also a blue gate after the finish line that once you go threw indicates you have finished the cycle chat meet up

It will be TT bikes

Course will be "Greatest London Flat"

7pm start. Invites to follow shortly....

@Joffey we will do this race as a "meetup" in Zwift. In order for me to invite you, you'll need to go to the companion app and follow me on there - my name on Zwift is "Paul Bridgman (Cyclechat)"
@bridgy just to be a total pain in the ass can you add me in the invite please as i MIGHT make 7pm traffic depending,
i can go with Del if that helps?

bridgy

Legendary Member
Hmmm,with all the new people now signed up there are actually quite a few riders lumped together as well as the four at the bottom of the table (with the exception of Freelander I suppose!). Maybe would work with normal bikes/drafting after all 🤔

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Hmmm,with all the new people now signed up there are actually quite a few riders lumped together as well as the four at the bottom of the table (with the exception of Freelander I suppose!). Maybe would work with normal bikes/drafting after all 🤔

I think it would be nice to try both. Like I said earlier I don’t think it matters in the sense that whichever way we do it, the times will be adjusted over time to allow for the fact some people find themselves in groups and get more draft benefit.

bridgy

Legendary Member
I think it would be nice to try both. Like I said earlier I don’t think it matters in the sense that whichever way we do it, the times will be adjusted over time to allow for the fact some people find themselves in groups and get more draft benefit.
Fair point. OK, tell you what, let's do tonight on TT bikes as planned and we should get some good solid times for use next time - when hopefully we'll have just as many if not more, and we'll do the next one on normal bikes with drafting.

So as it's a one-off special race not included in the league we will just race from start of the meetup to the blue banner at the end of the meetup (but we can obviously still use Strava segment times for handicap purposes)

Top Bottom