Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
7pm start OK for everyone?

Ok for me

peterob

Veteran
7pm is good for me.

My concern in using normal bikes is that myself, Bridgy, Tommy and Lee will have a big advantage as we are setting off at the same time (and therefore could all draft each other for a long time)

bridgy

Legendary Member
7pm is good for me.

My concern in using normal bikes is that myself, Bridgy, Tommy and Lee will have a big advantage as we are setting off at the same time (and therefore could all draft each other for a long time)
Yeah I agree - it'll be a team of 4 up against everyone else solo which seems a bit unfair. I'd also prefer road bikes but think we should try with TT bikes this time.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
7pm is good for me.

I agree. Although the flip side of that is in theory as we do more handicaps the times should be adjusted accordingly

bridgy

Legendary Member
Start times below. Use elapsed time on screen - so @Marino.g will go as soon as the countdown ends, and the rest of us stay put by the side of the road where we warm up before a meetup race. Press "T" to go to the pairing screen if you want to keep pedaling without moving - but you'll obviously have to keep an eye on the time because I don't think you'll be able to see it on the screen. Then @Freelanderuk goes when 3 minutes & 9 seconds have elapsed, @CXRAndy goes after 3 minutes and 48 seconds have elapsed - and so on.

Marino.g

Veteran
Start times below. Use elapsed time on screen - so @Marino.g will go as soon as the countdown ends, and the rest of us stay put by the side of the road where we warm up before a meetup race. Press "T" to go to the pairing screen if you want to keep pedaling without moving - but you'll obviously have to keep an eye on the time because I don't think you'll be able to see it on the screen. Then @Freelanderuk goes when 3 minutes & 9 seconds have elapsed, @CXRAndy goes after 3 minutes and 48 seconds have elapsed - and so on.

View attachment 499501
👋

bridgy

Legendary Member
It will be TT bikes

Course will be "Greatest London Flat"

7pm start. Invites to follow shortly....

@Joffey we will do this race as a "meetup" in Zwift. In order for me to invite you, you'll need to go to the companion app and follow me on there - my name on Zwift is "Paul Bridgman (Cyclechat)"

Brusgaard

Über Guru
It will be TT bikes

@Joffey we will do this race as a "meetup" in Zwift. In order for me to invite you, you'll need to go to the companion app and follow me on there - my name on Zwift is "Paul Bridgman (Cyclechat)"

Count me in as well, if we're doing only 1 lap (23.5 km).

Joffey

Big Dosser
It will be TT bikes

Added you. I presume my basic instructions are to make sure i'm online for a 7pm start and then set off at 7pm and ride to the end. And remember to swap to my TT bike.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Added you. I presume my basic instructions are to make sure i'm online for a 7pm start and then set off at 7pm and ride to the end.
Great - I've invitedyou to the meetup so when the invite arrives, accept it and you'll be in!

Then, what you need to do is start riding on Zwift BEFORE 7pm - for a warm up basically. Then, about 5 minutes before 7pm you should get an on-screen notification asking you if you want to join the meetup - click to join. You'll then be transferred to the side of the road on the Greatest London Flat course with the rest of us where we'll be able to warm up on virtual trainers until the even starts at 7pm.

Yes, as soon as the countdown gets to zero and you're released, start riding! Marino will also start straight away with you and the rest of us will be chasing like the clappers! First over the meetup finish line wins!

N.B. Remember to select a TT bike when you first join Zwift.

Any questions, just shout

Joffey

Big Dosser
Great - I've invitedyou to the meetup so when the invite arrives, accept it and you'll be in!

Then, what you need to do is start riding on Zwift BEFORE 7pm - for a warm up basically. Then, about 5 minutes before 7pm you should get an on-screen notification asking you if you want to join the meetup - click to join. You'll then be transferred to the side of the road on the Greatest London Flat course with the rest of us where we'll be able to warm up on virtual trainers until the even starts at 7pm.

Yes, as soon as the countdown gets to zero and you're released, start riding! Marino will also start straight away with you and the rest of us will be chasing like the clappers! First over the meetup finish line wins!

N.B. Remember to select a TT bike when you first join Zwift.

Any questions, just shout

Excellent, cheers everyone and good luck tonight :okay:

Marino.g

Veteran
Added you. I presume my basic instructions are to make sure i'm online for a 7pm start and then set off at 7pm and ride to the end. And remember to swap to my TT bike.
Welcome
Excellent, cheers everyone and good luck tonight :okay:
welcome to the group.:okay:
As we are on TT bikes there won’t be any benefit for us riding as a pair together because of the drafting being removed.
I bet you will be faster than me so go for it at the start and I’ll probably try and hang on..

Top Bottom