Living out my Grand Design dreams...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Good luck if money is not a problem , then I’m sure you will enjoy the journey . Friends spent 6yrs adding an extension onto their house . Combination of self build and trades when needed.

Price of materials have stabilised , so hopefully no issues there.

Oh and I’d get onto Musk , your Tesla has software malfunction . :whistle:

OP
OP
G

gzoom

Über Member
The demolition continues, from what I can tell possibly in the next couple of weeks bundling works start as most what's left is what will remain in the next design......everything else is gone!

Got approval for one £8k limit 0% APR credit card this week, applying for 2nd one next week, and than will get my wife one. £££££ will soon be disappearing from the bankaccoint faster than the builders have destroyed our old kitchen, living room.....house :smile:

52741137018_eff27b25b2_c_d.jpg

52741060380_643e7103b5_c_d.jpg

52740130092_6252cdc9a0_c_d.jpg

Slick

Guru
The demolition continues, from what I can tell possibly in the next couple of weeks bundling works start as most what's left is what will remain in the next design......everything else is gone!

Got approval for one £8k limit 0% APR credit card this week, applying for 2nd one next week, and than will get my wife one. £££££ will soon be disappearing from the bankaccoint faster than the builders have destroyed our old kitchen, living room.....house :smile:

View attachment 681228

View attachment 681229

View attachment 681230

Ooft.

The construction stage will be a welcome sight. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
G

gzoom

Über Member
There isn't much house left !

I'm tempted to ask them just to knock the rest of the old building down, it'll add less than 10% the cost, but will require additional re-engineering drawings etc.....so will just let them get on with it!

Slick

Guru
Yeah, the builders will love that, we're 6 months late and thousands of pounds over budget, because you moved the goal posts after we started the job, guv. :scratch:

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Yeah, the builders will love that, we're 6 months late and thousands of pounds over budget, because you moved the goal posts after we started the job, guv. :scratch:

Builders won't mind at all. It'll make the job easier for them, and of course as a new build will have significant vat advantages, hence the small differential I assume.

What builders hate is clients who fiddle with the things whilst underway.

Slick

Guru
Builders won't mind at all. It'll make the job easier for them, and of course as a new build will have significant vat advantages, hence the small differential I assume.

Although, I hear you re the vat. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
G

gzoom

Über Member

For the VAT qualification no parts of the new build must join up with any existing wall, this means taking down the 2 story extension our daughter+current main bedroom is in+the double garage as well as the remaining walls to the current house…..I’ve given up on an ‘budget’ but I‘ve yet to totally loss the plot when it comes to an absolute ’MAX‘ budget.

Taking down the existing older part of the house is OK….but it’ll still add £20-30K to the cost of the project, assuming nothing extra is found during additional demolition!

OP
OP
G

gzoom

Über Member
New foundations been poured next week. Spent the afternoon with the windows guy going through spec......£££££ has never seemed so worthless!

52798047296_b7e13fa3d9_c_d.jpg

Top Bottom