Energy bill increases

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just had a newsflash from Octopus. Gas and electricty will cost 25% less from July.

WOOHOO!
:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I'll believe it when I see it. Figures I saw were literally minimal. 32p to 30p for electricity.

Alex321

Veteran
I'll believe it when I see it. Figures I saw were literally minimal. 32p to 30p for electricity.

Electricity is pretty well irrelevant for us (and they haven't even listed it - but we are on the agile tariff, so it varies according to the half hourly wholesale prices).

Gas is dropping from 10.469p to 7.664p per unit which is quite significant.

Alex321

Veteran
Have you not tried to get on the Gas tracker rate?

No, I haven't. TBH, hadn't even looked.

Our gas bill isn't all that massive now - at this time of year we use none (solar powers the immersion heater for hot water), in winter we have one bath a day, usually one bowl of washing up water, and the heating on for between 2 and 4 hours depending how cold it is.

D

Deleted member 26715

No, I haven't. TBH, hadn't even looked.

Our gas bill isn't all that massive now - at this time of year we use none (solar powers the immersion heater for hot water), in winter we have one bath a day, usually one bowl of washing up water, and the heating on for between 2 and 4 hours depending how cold it is.
We've been paying sub 6p for gas for quite a while, this page will give you an idea https://mysmartenergy.uk/Tracker/South-Wales

D

Deleted member 26715

Thanks. But when you say "quite a while", is that 2-3 months, or going right back into the Winter?

At this time of year, we aren't using any gas, but if the tracker is still below the standard flexible rate in the Winter, it may well be worth us switching.

If you follow the link I gave there is an option to download daily rates since last November, looks like over winter it was 7.5p for my area, you'd have to compare that with what you are currently paying, but last time I knew there was a waiting list to get onto it.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
can’t not do without gas currently . Even this time of year , I’m heating water. Would have been possible I guess to divert excess solar, have a feeling I’d be peeing in the wind keeping on top of it . However that’s due to a busy household whom shower etc at different times of the day .

Top Bottom