Council Intensifies its War On Cycling.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex321

Veteran
It is enforcing a "complete ban"

so CLEARLY this was just an example fine and there is a similar fine for EVERY SINGLE other person found riding on that section of road

Apparently there are no longer ANY people riding bikes on that pedestrianised area

no a one

every one has been caught

other wise CLEARLY tit would not be enforcing a complete ban

I would be interested in their enforcement procedures as every other counsel that has tried this has ended up just grabbing those fairly law abiding and sensible cyclists that were going slowly and were the type that stop when a uniformed person says so

and the young lads in black hoodies and black jeans that wizz through with no regard to anyone other than themselves have just carried on regardless

but not in this case

No no no - this counsel is enforcing a complete ban

Impressive dedication to public safety this

(post MAY include sarcasm - just in case it was not obvious)

That is not actually true.

Enforcing a complete ban does not mean the same as completely enforcing a ban.

There is a "complete ban" which means nobody is allowed, but they just don't have the resources (or probably will) to completely enforce that ban.

Drago

Legendary Member

There is a "complete ban" which means nobody is allowed, but they just don't have the resources (or probably will) to completely enforce that ban.

mrpedant.png

Fairy snuff

but I just get fed up of these stories showing how a counsel is "cracking down on dangerous bike riders" by employing someone in uniform (or a company that employs them for less money)
Then just fines a couple of people causing no great problem
then claims they have done something magnificent for the community

happens several times a year

I just moaned on here instead of to my wife!!!!

albion

Guru
I would take the word of any cyclist over evidenve from a private for profit company without any evidence whatsoever.

Sounds like a legalised scam. It has to profit to keep existing.

Mike_P

Guru
Does it have alternatives?;
B. are Audi drivers making Britain's roads a nightmare'.
C. are BMW drivers are making Britain's roads a nightmare'.

Drago

Legendary Member
In answer to that media comment, a site called GBNews now has a poll asking 'are cyclists are making Britain's roads a nightmare'.

I think in terms of organised politics that particular flavour is more anti cyclist, although Bozza seemed to love us.

But I don't see that reflected in the human population of regular folk, where even the most rabid fan of Citizen Smith may hate us if we delay their 2 miles commute to work by three seconds. Life isn't as neatly arranged as Guardian columnists like to have us believe.

Top Bottom