Admit your insight - things you knew all along that have now become public knowledge.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I was only thinking the other day about the 1000th anniversary of the Battle Of Hastings and will I see it. If I do I'll be 1 month short of my 106th birthday. Will I make it I wonder. šŸ¤”

Keep cycling and lay off the white bread šŸ˜†

I'd be 84 ā˜ŗļø

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
President Bush junior is a total and utter liar and should be tried for war crimes.

Sorry...Im not sure if that is public knowledge yet. :whistle:

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
It is September 1997. Within a few days we have had the death of Diana, Princess of Wales and Mother Theresa. There was a rumour that Frank Sinatra was on his deathbed, and his dying wish, should he pass away in the next few days, was that people should keep this quiet, as his passing wouldn't get anywhere near enough attention, given the two very high profile deaths at that time. They should wait at least 6 months, and then announce it.

9 months later the news came out that Frank Sinatra had died.

simongt

Guru
Broadly along the lines of this thread; fifty years ago I was wearing all black, offset with a white belt and white clogs. And I was also frequently wore camo; a Belgian paratrooper jacket. :okay:
Yup, well ahead of today's fashions - ! :rofl:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
May 1978, but full introduction was delayed by a tunnel collapsing.

Yours sincerely,
Some burd at the Railway Museum

That early? Wow, I was merely basing it on the demise of the Deltics, which were first withdrawn in 1980 (55020 'Nimbus') and had their final day on the 2nd of January 1982.

Was this tunnel Penmansheil, between Newcastle and Edinburgh?:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penmanshiel_Tunnel

Last edited:

Jameshow

Veteran
You didnā€™t stop cycling because you grew old, you grew old because you stopped cycling.

Said to anyone who claimed they were too old to ride a bike, and didnā€™t correlate their sedentary lifestyle leading to an early decrepit body as a result.

I know many a keen cyclist and walker who through no fault of thier own have become infirm.... a stoke for instance is no respecter of persons.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I know many a keen cyclist and walker who through no fault of thier own have become infirm.... a stoke for instance is no respecter of persons.

Giving up smoking, doesnā€™t guarantee you canā€™t get lung cancer. But that shouldnā€™t be your focus. But without any doubt your chances of getting any of these diseases is substantially reduced with an active lifestyle. That is the best you can hope for.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I was only thinking the other day about the 1000th anniversary of the Battle Of Hastings and will I see it. If I do I'll be 1 month short of my 106th birthday. Will I make it I wonder. šŸ¤”
Good luck, Iā€™ll be 91.

I remember learning about Halleyā€™s Comet in the early 80s when it last visited earth and I was at junior school.
Ever since Iā€™ve been waiting for Halleyā€™s Comet to return in 2061.
Iā€™ll be 86 so itā€™s possible.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Good luck, Iā€™ll be 91.

I remember learning about Halleyā€™s Comet in the early 80s when it last visited earth and I was at junior school.
Ever since Iā€™ve been waiting for Halleyā€™s Comet to return in 2061.
Iā€™ll be 86 so itā€™s possible.

Halle Bopp in 1997 was quite something to see

maxresdefault.jpg

Top Bottom