Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bridgy

Legendary Member
In the Bologna TT I did last night, the top riders in the 350-520 band (C) put in some pretty fast times!

View attachment 748652
Yeah but a quick look on ZP makes it clear why that top 3 C's are in the ZRS category they are - for now anyway. If they keep getting podiums in more races over the next few weeks and are still in the lower category that would then suggest a problem though!

Good result for you too :bravo:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
All those in C by all level should have been in B. It's going to take time and possibly a tweak or two to close the loopholes.

I used to like the 'in race' cone of shame, followed by slowing said rider down.

Most riders can't help themselves not to race from the start, putting in their best numbers. This highlights their true ability. Maybe introducing this to more races will catch sandbagging

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
Cheers, Paul. I got sucked into pushing too hard on the flat bit and wasn't able to lift my effort for the hill, though! My aerobic performance isn't really very good at the moment - I've been concentrating on VO2 and anaerobic efforts for the IRL hill climb season, where my forte is 1-2 minute climbs (like the Watopia KOM). Last races of the year are a week Sunday in Matlock, then I'll probably put my running shoes back on through the winter.

mjd1988

Guru
It does feel as though it is impossible to have a system that isn't gamed. I mean obviously even outside of scoring there is weight doping, sticky warts etc. maybe they need to rotate the systems to confuse everyone into not cheating 😂

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Are all those moaning people unaware that the category system has changed?! 🤷‍♀️

Of course there's some overlap with the old categories - that's kind of the point of a new system - if it was all Cat C's it would be no different to before!

I looked at the riders in that race on ZP earlier - there's no way anyone in the ZP results was even close to being A Cat apart from possibly that guy I mentioned (and even he I reckon only went to A after the race) so I don't know what they were talking about.

Feel free to have a look yourself and point out who else was Cat A and I'll happily concede that, but I can't see them.

And the "poor chap" D rider I saw had a racing score of 196 - he wasn't a "poor chap" at all he was an idiot who joined the wrong pen :laugh:

There was definitely an A cat signed up earlier in the day when I looked but couldn’t tell you now who it was or if they even started. May be the same person, not sure.

Yes, I checked Davy afterwards as I thought I’d ridden with him previously. Feck knows why he joined that pen with a ZRS of 196 🤣🤣

Whorty

Yeah but a quick look on ZP makes it clear why that top 3 C's are in the ZRS category they are - for now anyway. If they keep getting podiums in more races over the next few weeks and are still in the lower category that would then suggest a problem though!

Good result for you too :bravo:

350 - 520 is the pen I have to ride in at my cat D numbers …. You can see now why I personally think it’s farcical. If I’d joined that race I’d still be riding now 🤣🤣

Whorty

All those in C by all level should have been in B. It's going to take time and possibly a tweak or two to close the loopholes.

I used to like the 'in race' cone of shame, followed by slowing said rider down.

Most riders can't help themselves not to race from the start, putting in their best numbers. This highlights their true ability. Maybe introducing this to more races will catch sandbagging

Haha, that was funny. Shame they didn’t keep that going 🤣

Whorty

It does feel as though it is impossible to have a system that isn't gamed. I mean obviously even outside of scoring there is weight doping, sticky warts etc. maybe they need to rotate the systems to confuse everyone into not cheating 😂

What happens irl? Presumably there are cats and races accordingly? How does that work? @Norry1 dies real world racing have similar issues or is it more straight forward?

Whorty

More ZRS fun! https://zwiftinsider.com/zrs-faq-deep-dive/

Good to see they're aware of people tanking races on purpose and are considering not dropping their score if no significant power efforts are detcted

But like I said earlier, how can they really tell? Given my seed they may think I’m tanking because my race position is nowhere near the prediction relative to the seed.

Also interesting that the 30 second attribute is of lower influence compared to 10 mins, and yet all I have is a sprint, so how the hell did I get a high seed with a low race w/kg? Methinks they’re not being completely open and are hiding something as they know they’ll be criticised.

As an ex statistician with a maths degree and a professional history in business intelligence, they really have tried to use a sledgehammer to crack a nut. Far too complex and they’ve tied themselves up in knots.

bridgy

Legendary Member
There was definitely an A cat signed up earlier in the day when I looked but couldn’t tell you now who it was or if they even started. May be the same person, not sure.

Yes, I checked Davy afterwards as I thought I’d ridden with him previously. Feck knows why he joined that pen with a ZRS of 196 🤣🤣

So those people complaining about the A's (plural) in the pen you mentioned were in fact talking nonsense - thanks for clarifying!

bridgy

Legendary Member
350 - 520 is the pen I have to ride in at my cat D numbers …. You can see now why I personally think it’s farcical. If I’d joined that race I’d still be riding now 🤣🤣

Excluding the top 3 who are clearly anomoliies due to lack of 90 day power data, what's farcical about that race?

Top Bottom