Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
43 hilly miles for me today. Bit of black ice of some of the back roads so I had to take it easy. Add to 65 miles yesterday and its been a good weekend of biking

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
60 miles up into cannock chase with mericia cc, 2 fell off on ice breaking mech hangers, 3 had punctures and 1 guy got knocked over at a junction when the rider behind did not stop in time.............
Luckily i was without incident but i am glad i took the "winter" bike.

gavgav

Legendary Member
I've never ridden the lanes round the Lea Cross and Asterley areas before so it was nice to try something new, although I could have done without the morons in an orange Corsa who screamed something incomprehensible at me at Lea Cross.

To be honest, anyone driving an ORANGE corsa must have a few screws loose anyway and so I wouldn't worry too much about it! :laugh:

RhythMick

Über Member
20 miles today. Through Manvers, up to Elsecar (nice steam trains :smile:), Timberland Trail and TPT to the church near Tankersley then back along the road via Hoyalnd Common, Harley and Wentworth. Knackered now but smiling, and the little kneesies aren't hurting! :wahhey:

Yes and I do have a habit of saying hello to everyone, cos life's great!!

I probably passed you going the other way at some point. I'm sure I would have said hello :-)

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Only 20 miles today and the first time I've been out on the bike since the weekend. :ohmy: Took a while to get going but my legs and lungs eventually settled down and I was then able to relax and enjoy the scenery as afternoon turned to dusk. My heart rate shot through the roof again on the last few miles when I hit a bump and my Hope light decided to shift out of position and did an excellent job of lighting up my front wheel but not so much the road ahead. Which was a fast, downhill stretch. Trying to steer and hold the light in position at 30mph was a fun experience... :wacko:

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
63 for me this morning. Met @Cliffer at 7:30 in Wilmslow. It was bloomin icey then cycled to meet @400bhp and @Sportmonkey out near Moston (Cheshire) Then a slightly careful 20 miles or so trying not to slide off over to the cafe at Delamere Forest. Then back across the mist covered Cheshire Plain. I was going to take some arty shots showing the beauty of the countryside for @Potsy @Cyclist33 and @Skudupnorth but couldn't be arsed so took some of food as usual instead :whistle:

Attachments

• IMAG0763.jpg
    IMAG0763.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 29

Old Plodder

Living at the top of a steep 2 mile climb
Cheese on beans on toast - I used to have beans on cheese on toast. ^_^

compo

Veteran
I just did an easy 10 this morning, but where was everyone? I took a route that is usually well used by cyclists but today only saw three. I have no doubt the mud pluggers will have been out enjoying themselves on their MTB's but it seems once the sun goes in all the roadies disappear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom