You do realise.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
From the festival's town station: couple of minutes.
From his home town station: about 34 miles ... at 5mph ... :unsure:
5mph, he's that fast!

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
What did the message say?

It wasn't so much a message, more a name and address as well as details of a school. I am afraid I got a little obsessive about it and found that the address doesn't seem to exist any more, and, well, I looked the guy's name up and found someone fitting his description and born in the right area who, indeed would have been of school age in 1967 (about 14 if I remember).
It might not be him, but hey, who knows?

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
It wasn't so much a message, more a name and address as well as details of a school. I am afraid I got a little obsessive about it and found that the address doesn't seem to exist any more, and, well, I looked the guy's name up and found someone fitting his description who, indeed could have been of school age at the time.
It might not be him, but hey, it's better than nothing.
Contact the guy, tell him you found his message. If it's him who the bike belonged to it will bring back memories. If it isn't him, well, just say sorry, mistaken identity ^_^

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I'd be curious, I must admit!

Do it, it would be interesting to find out, he might be delighted to know about his bike.

A couple of years ago I was researching some stuff about my grandfathers time on the HMS Manxman when it got torpedoed. I read about a chap in Canada who was an officer on the ship, I managed find his phone number. Not really knowing if he was still alive, I called the number. He was in, alive and at 92 years old was delighted to speak to me, and remembered the events of the 1st December 1942 on the Manxman very well.

My point is, that contacting this chap, may well be a great experience for you both, if it's not him no harm done.

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Right, I have a date for the Op now, the 2nd of August!!

Top Bottom