XL Bully cats.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Absolutely abhorrent and cruel. A life of skin conditions, Harmful UV exposure, No whiskers, Stubby legs leading to joint issues and unknown future issues. Im not a cat person but the people breeding these are a disgrace.

Why on Earth would anybody want a cat that looks like the Russian Boxer Nikolai Valuev anyway?

johnnyb47

Guru
Talking of XL bully cats I've just read on my news feed about that poor cyclist from Rugby.
Two cats were fighting on the side of the road and as the cyclist came round the corner he startled them and both cats run out in front of him.
This poor guy ended up running over them ,fell off his bike and ended up dying from his injuries.
What a freak accident to happen

Slick

Guru
Can you tell them apart, or do you get confused as to which is which?
they look identical to me?

They all have slight differences that actually make each one very distinctive. Also, they all have huge personalities that also differentiate them.

icowden

Veteran
They are basically Sphinx cats bred to be deformed.
Deliberately selecting for disease mutations, such as hairlessness that leads to sunburn, dwarfism that leads to mobility issues and joint pain, and folded skin that leads to lifetimes of skin infections means that many Bullycats will endure lives blighted by suffering.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I apologise for the typo.

Birds.
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=RSPB+birds+killed+by+domestic+cats

Edit: If you click on RSPB Community on that link , you'll get a pdf file that explains the damage that cats inflict on birds.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2022/aug/14/cats-kill-birds-wildlife-keep-indoors

above is a good balanced article.. Domestic pet Cats are some way off being a major threat to bird populations in the UK. they manly polish off the weak and doomed

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2022/aug/14/cats-kill-birds-wildlife-keep-indoors

above is a good balanced article.. Domestic pet Cats are some way off being a major threat to bird populations in the UK. they manly polish off the weak and doomed

It's a different story in Australia unfortunately. It's not the Cats fault for 2 reasons. First humans introduced domestic cats there and second it's abandoned cats that have rightfully tried to survive, have bred and are now feral and are in high numbers putting native species such as lizards, birds and rodents at serious risk from a predator they are evolutionary ill equipped to defend from.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
putting native species such as lizards, birds and rodents at serious risk from a predator they are evolutionary ill equipped to defend from.

I went to Spain for a week this year staying in the countryside and saw not a single lizard.
I’m sure I used to see loads whenever I went to Spain. Chasing them out of the bedroom was part of the experience. I was very surprised.

grldtnr

Über Member
Talking of XL bully cats I've just read on my news feed about that poor cyclist from Rugby.
Two cats were fighting on the side of the road and as the cyclist came round the corner he startled them and both cats run out in front of him.
This poor guy ended up running over them ,fell off his bike and ended up dying from his injuries.
What a freak accident to happen

Just goes to show Cats can and do kill anything, is in the nature of the beast!
And ,, personally I adore cats ! Can't keep one tho'.

Slick

Guru
I went to Spain for a week this year staying in the countryside and saw not a single lizard.
I’m sure I used to see loads whenever I went to Spain. Chasing them out of the bedroom was part of the experience. I was very surprised.

Conversely, I am going to Turkey in a couple of weeks and can't go to breakfast without sticking a few quid in the big bowl at reception to help them look after loads of strays. I always go down to see them and drop off some treats bought locally as well.

grldtnr

Über Member
There is a breed of cat that is naturally bred to be huge the 'Maine Coon' , despite its size ,it's really quite a chill breed, , but whatever , cats are one of natures apex predators, nothing will change that, from domestic to the large cats they are born killers, you got to accept that, some are domesticated, which are our 'moggies'.

Top Bottom