Would this put me over the drink/drive limit?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
No it can’t be calculated with 100% certainty as everyone is different.
Get a bus/taxi/lift as applicable. If anything happened and even if not over the limit, you’d always be wondering what if.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
I ended up just having 1/2 a lager, and was relaxed with that.
Thanks for all the comments.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
If you're a bit nervous and unsure then just before you leave the pub smash a few large brandies down to settle your nerves.

Reminds me of a Viz article extolling the virtues of booze as a stress-reliever in tense situations, recommending if I remember rightly two or three pints of strong lager before an important job interview, maybe five or six before a driving test.

Kevberlin

It's impossible to say. There are so many physiological variables to consider no one can make a vaguely accurate guess.

From my experience of nicking drink drivers and hearing that which they "claimed" to have been drinking I wouldn't be surprised if it did put you on the naughty step.
Spot on as above.
I was intoximeter trained back in the day. There is no set amount you can or can’t drink. Your own limit will vary from day to day as well depending upon a myriad of variables.

Drago

Legendary Member
Spot on as above.
I was intoximeter trained back in the day. There is no set amount you can or can’t drink. Your own limit will vary from day to day as well depending upon a myriad of variables.

I got lucky. I was off sick and missed the evidential intoximeter training so it was never me thet got called to court :laugh:

Last edited:

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Reminds me of a Viz article extolling the virtues of booze as a stress-reliever in tense situations, recommending if I remember rightly two or three pints of strong lager before an important job interview, maybe five or six before a driving test.

I once went for a job interview, which turned out to be very strange. When I arrived, I found there were several applicants, all with the same interview time. After a few minutes, the Interviewer presented himself and told us we were going for a meal. We were loaded into a people carrier and transported to a Restaurant, where, we had a very pleasant meal, with wine. But, the wine was in a carafe, not a bottle.

The interviewer asked me only one question, which was, "what do you think of the wine?". Replied, "very pleasant, a Rioja, is it?".

I got the job (software development).

It is a mystery to me to this day. ;)

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
to be honest the double will put you straight over, but there is time u loss 1/2 unit per hour and food will speed that up the 5% is touch and go if its a pint and of cause your body too. i will drink a pint of something with a meal. might be worth getting a key ring alcohol checker.

i concur, the half you might get away with but i wouldnt chance it after a double .

Chromatic

Legendary Member
I once went for a job interview, which turned out to be very strange. When I arrived, I found there were several applicants, all with the same interview time. After a few minutes, the Interviewer presented himself and told us we were going for a meal. We were loaded into a people carrier and transported to a Restaurant, where, we had a very pleasant meal, with wine. But, the wine was in a carafe, not a bottle.

The interviewer asked me only one question, which was, "what do you think of the wine?". Replied, "very pleasant, a Rioja, is it?".

I got the job (software development).

It is a mystery to me to this day. ;)

I've long thought that given a bunch of people with similar qualifications, similar skills and requirements for the job then something like this is probably as good a way as any to decide who you would want to work for you.

Brandane

Legendary Member
In Scotland there is zero tolerance end even the morning after drinks is not safe to drive.
That is one reason I have stopped drinking alcohol completely so it is something I never have to bother about.

The limit in Scotland is lower than the rest of the UK; but it is not zero tolerance. In England the limit is 80 milligrammes of alcohol per 100 millilitres of blood. In Scotland it is 50.....
The problem being the chances of being caught are slim - but that is venturing into NACA territory.......

I saw something from a Police Officer once who was tipped off that a bloke was about to drive his car drunk

They saw 2 people coming out of the pub at the same time and stopped both of them
One was a lady who had been to a "do" and - according to several witnesses - had drunk one small sherry

The other was a large red faced belligerent bloke who was very unhappy about being stopped - according to several witness he had had quite a few drinks in the pub at the same "do"

Both tested close enough to the limit to have to go to the evidential testing kit in the station
The lady who had had one sherry ended up being positive and losing her license
the bloke passed - only just but he passed.

The thing is - some people are able to take several drink and pass the test
others fail after one drink

I was at University with a bloke that I wouldn;t trust with a kids scooter and one drink - even half a lager and he seemed drunk!

other people seem to absorb it quickly

and people change over time

so basically - if you have one drink best not to drive - although you may well be OK if you have something to eat as well

I used to work on the basis that I could have a pint with a mean and drive home but I have given up even that and drink diet coke

if I want to have a drink I am happier have several and getting a taxi home

Top Bottom