Would this put me over the drink/drive limit?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I have tried googling but it's very confusing.
Situation.
No alcohol in my system.
Lunchtime.
Proposal is to drink 1/2 pint of 5% lager plus a double standard strength whisky.
A small portion of chips to go with it.
Please don't tell me it's not worth the risk..........I want to know if it can be calculated.
Thanks.

classic33

Leg End Member

Drago

Legendary Member
It's impossible to say. There are so many physiological variables to consider no one can make a vaguely accurate guess.

From my experience of nicking drink drivers and hearing that which they "claimed" to have been drinking I wouldn't be surprised if it did put you on the naughty step.

neilrichardson55

to be honest the double will put you straight over, but there is time u loss 1/2 unit per hour and food will speed that up the 5% is touch and go if its a pint and of cause your body too. i will drink a pint of something with a meal. might be worth getting a key ring alcohol checker.

Drago

Legendary Member
I don't drink at all now, but when I did I have firm rule, 12 hours from bottle to throttle (minor drinking), or 24 (anything more than a couple of pints.)

I'd delivered too many Death-O-Grams to want my family to receive one.

tom73

Guru
Too many variables it's not a hard and fast rule. My dad had a simple rule he never had a drink if he was driving or was driving later. Something which I too follow. Drago is right too often it ends badly. You'd be amazed how many people say they've only had one but once at the station go way off the scale.

stephec

Squire
I have tried googling but it's very confusing.
Situation.
No alcohol in my system.
Lunchtime.
Proposal is to drink 1/2 pint of 5% lager plus a double standard strength whisky.
A small portion of chips to go with it.
Please don't tell me it's not worth the risk..........I want to know if it can be calculated.
Thanks.

If you're a bit nervous and unsure then just before you leave the pub smash a few large brandies down to settle your nerves.

Top Bottom