Winter riding gloves

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andrew_rc46

Evening all, i'd like some help on purchasing some winter gloves.
I was riding on wednesday and i was in real bloody pain (no gloves) and if i am to continue through the winter, id like to buy some decent gloves (£20 budget)

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
I use the fingered version of my finger-less gloves which are Specialized BG Gel in autumn and in winter I use Specialized Deflect gloves.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Riding a bike in November with bare hands!!:ohmy: :eek:
There have been a couple of warm mornings recently where I've set off in gloves and removed them on the journey to help cool me down, but I always have some in my bag.

I like having more than one pair so that if one pair get soaked, I can put on a dry pair the next time.

I use from a selection of gloves that I've gathered over the years but my favourites are Aldi on a cold or wet day, power stretch gloves for milder days, both pairs worn together in the depths of winter when we are in negative figures. I also like Specialized deflect gloves but the holes in mine are too big I out to chuck them.

roryo07

Saw some GBW Universal Gloves on TG Store for a few quid over 20. My mate has a pair and they do him well on the way to work every day :biggrin: Hope this helps Andrew

Mandragora

I got a good pair from Aldi for less than a fiver!
Ou9zJ.jpg

Hicky

Guru
I've had a pair of aldi gloves for three years, still going strong....got some aldi lobster gloves.....couldn't wear them today......TOO warm.

zacklaws

Guru
Specialized deflect for up to when it starts to get icyish weather, then I switch to a pair of motocross gloves made by Alpinestars ( "Drystar Chill", but not made anymore) which are very warm and dry but give me that bit more protection when I slide off etc. Only problem with motocross gloves though is they don't have that dedicated bit of soft material for wiping the snot box, instead they have rubber pads on the back which on an icy day feels like your wiping your snot box on half a brick.

One major consideration when buying full finger winter gloves is that the liner is fixed. I have a pair of Endura night vision gloves, and once your hand is warm and sweaty and you take your hand out along with the liner stuck to it, its a nightmare to get your hand back in again.

Mandragora

The best 'cycling' gloves I have, for really, really cold (and wet, if necessary!) days is actually a pair of Reusch Ski gloves. They have great deep cuffs on them, keep out the coldest winds, and, unlike the motocross gloves do have soft material on the thumbs. Being a lady, I, of course, only like that for the soft feel amd always carry a pack of travel tissues :blush: Mine are a couple of years old now, but the ones TK Maxx currently have in stock look just as good: http://www.tkmaxx.com/womens-ski+snowboarding/black-ski-gloves/invt/02102689 and gents: http://www.tkmaxx.com/mens-ski+snowboarding/black-padded-ski-gloves/invt/02013356

Top Bottom