Which would you choose - ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I prefer Sunpat if I'm honest, just because it's sweeter and more processed. A guilty pleasure if you will. But I don't buy it. Last jar I bought was something like whole earth? There's no sugar or oil in it. I'd say it was the PB version of whole grain because it's got dark bits in it

That's exactly *why* I don't like Sun Pat.

The Sainsbury's own brand is very similar. I'd bought a load on YS because they were changing the packaging, and while it was OK, I would not buy it again.

Was there not some government sponsored scam years ago where there was incentive to invest in groundnut farming? I seem to remember a lot of people lost money. Cannot be bothered searching for the details just now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanganyika_groundnut_scheme

a.twiddler

Veteran

Not a scam then. Just poorly researched and implemented scheme in a time of hardship. Perhaps a triumph of desperation over likely results. Easy to criticise from our perspective, but it's hard to imagine living in a time of rationing and little consumer choice, with the post war economy going down the tubes, and a need to make something positive out of the resources of a disappearing empire.

a.twiddler

Veteran
I have to say I loathe the stuff. There is nothing I can think of doing with peanut butter to make it remotely acceptable.
From the replies on this thread, would it be fair to say that peanut butter is a bit... Marmite?

Top Bottom