Which former famous person would you take down the pub, or to any event etc to impress your friends?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Watching tv last night, a program had Burt Ward the former Robin/the boy wonder from the 1960's Batman tv show on. He looked in good nick seeing as he's 79, but I wouldn't have known it was 'Robin' if I hadn't been told. I then thought about if I, hypothetically of course,;) took Burt Ward to my local pub and folk asked "Who's your friend"? How impressed would they be if I said "He's Burt who played Robin in the 1960's Batman tv show. :okay: For a bit of fun, which now unrecognisable once famous person would you take to your local pub, or any event etc to impress your friends?

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I’d take you.

grldtnr

Über Member
Fred Dibnah ! He isn't alive now, but certainly unrecognisable, I should think by now.
Loved his dress sense , I do wonder if he wore his hob nail boots when dressed up for OBE ,tho'

AndyRM

XOXO
Not former, but I'd go with Gary Oldman as he looks quite different in reality to how he does on screen.

Fred Dibnah ! He isn't alive now, but certainly unrecognisable, I should think by now.
Loved his dress sense , I do wonder if he wore his hob nail boots when dressed up for OBE ,tho'
Polished boots, by the look of it!
He did put holes in the trousers for his braces though (as he tells in one of the books)
IMG_1126.jpeg

Isambard Kingdom Brunel and/or Guy Martin.
IKB would be a good choice, he’d have a wealth of knowledge

Guy Martin, l’d love to talk to him about his Volvo, the Merlin engine (now sold), his visit to Chernobyl, Scania V8s, etc…

grldtnr

Über Member
Polished boots, by the look of it!
He did put holes in the trousers for his braces though (as he tells in one of the books)
View attachment 740985

IKB would be a good choice, he’d have a wealth of knowledge

Guy Martin, l’d love to talk to him about his Volvo, the Merlin engine (now sold), his visit to Chernobyl, Scania V8s, etc…

That don't look right, that pic of Fred, actually it's a demonstrable travesty that there's no greasy paw prints on the bib of his tucker there!

Did he ever advertise 'Daz'?

markemark

Über Member
Watching tv last night, a program had Burt Ward the former Robin/the boy wonder from the 1960's Batman tv show on. He looked in good nick seeing as he's 79, but I wouldn't have known it was 'Robin' if I hadn't been told. I then thought about if I, hypothetically of course,;) took Burt Ward to my local pub and folk asked "Who's your friend"? How impressed would they be if I said "He's Burt who played Robin in the 1960's Batman tv show. :okay: For a bit of fun, which now unrecognisable once famous person would you take to your local pub, or any event etc to impress your friends?

Didn't he find a career in more adult movies? Not saying that makes him less likely to be a pub brag, maybe even more so.....

Top Bottom