What TV comedy do you like?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Squire
Prompted by @screenman 's question on the Mrs Brown's thread, as the title says, past or present what do you like?

I'll start off with -

Fawlty Towers
The Young Ones
Filthy, Rich, and Catflap
Bottom
The New Statesman
Still Game
Early Doors
The Royle Family

If I had the time to do a search there's probably a lot more I could mention, so I'll leave them to you lot.

OP
OP
stephec

stephec

Squire
Told you I'd remember more - Phoenix Nights.

Although living around five miles from where it was filmed meant that it looked like a documentary at times. 😂

View: https://youtu.be/-xT6VZoRHXo?feature=shared

Red Dwarf in case it's not obvious!

I used to watch the last 20 mins of every episode on a Thursday evening (I was out of the house every Thurs for the first 10 mins), there's still a couple episodes I've never seen the start of.

1996ish BBC2 did a 'Red Dwarf Night' and it did a 'Cant Smeg, Won't Smeg" special with Ainsley Harriot who was actually in a early RD episode. I laugh out loud every time the rice thief strikes!

View: https://youtu.be/vjQHYnc6FvY?feature=shared

Some of mine are
The Big Bang Theory
Scrubs
The Green Wing
The Young Ones
Red Dwarf
Father Ted
Only Fools and Horses

Drago

Legendary Member
'Til Death Us Do Part and In Sickness and in Health.

The cardigan wearers at the Guardian recently declared it racist, but that is to miss the point.

It's very subtle, not blatant racism for cheap laughs as in Love Thy Neighbour, and the whole point is that Alf Garnett is a bigot and gets his comeuppance every time.

It shows us viewers that racist folk are stupid folk.

It does so very cleverly, particularly in the latter series, but that goes way over the heads of the professionally indignant. Apparently laughing at racist eejuts is forbidden...unless the Guardian themselves are the ones doing so.

'Til Death Us Do Part and In Sickness and in Health.

The cardigan wearers at the Guardian recently declared it racist, but that is to miss the point.

It's very subtle, not blatant racism for cheap laughs as in Love Thy Neighbour, and the whole point is that Alf Garnett is a bigot and gets his comeuppance every time.

It shows us viewers that racist folk are stupid folk.

It does so very cleverly, particularly in the latter series, but that goes way over the heads of the professionally indignant. Apparently laughing at racist eejuts is forbidden...unless the Guardian themselves are the ones doing so.

I'll add 'Rising Damp' to that list of things were not supposed to enjoy anymore. Don't watch the RD TV film special they made through, it's rubbish.

I Don't Believe It that you've not mentioned one excellent comedy yet though :whistle:

presta

Guru
Fawlty Towers
Porridge
M.A.S.H
Dad's Army
Not The Nine O'Clock News
Have I Got News For You
The Two Ronnies
Last of the Summer Wine
Open All Hours
Monty Python