What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
The Bear is back and as wonderful as ever.

The first episode is a work of art.
Think I'm going to wait until the Tour is over and binge it....been waiting to long to not savour this third season.

Badger_Boom

Veteran
We've just watched the first two episodes of Alaska Daily and are enjoying it despite the mixed (well, not particularly positive) reviews.

We also got distracted after the rescheduled Gardeners' World and laughed like drains at a repeat of the first couple of episodes of Girls: "Ew! This tastes nothing like Twix!", "TWIGS! I said it tastes like twigs."

johnnyb47

Guru
Watching a film I haven't seen in 45 years on Talking Pictures (Freeview) at the moment.
The Black Hole starring Maximilian Schell, Anthony Perkins.This film fascinated me when I watched it when I was a kid in the pictures.

Last night, when I got home from work, I started watching Guy Martins Lost WW2 Lancaster
This could be the highlight of the month, if not the year so far!

I've only got as far as the commencement of building the coffer-dam

One of the lost crew had got to 55 missions!!!, before being shot down (12 was the stated life-expectancy!)

Gunk

Guru
We are almost through the Turkish Detective on BBC iplayer, we’ve loved it, great telly.

Last edited:
Last night, when I got home from work, I started watching Guy Martins Lost WW2 Lancaster
This could be the highlight of the month, if not the year so far!

I've only got as far as the commencement of building the coffer-dam

One of the lost crew had got to 55 missions!!!, before being shot down (12 was the stated life-expectancy!)
What a programme!!
Whether the production company got wind of the investigation, or the Dutch Government took it on, at their suggestion isn't stated
However, it was funded by the Government, as they still (it was stated) see recovery of WW2 personnel as a Debt Of Honour. for liberating their country
I won't reveal the final few minutes, but parts of the Lancaster were found, members of the missing aircrews family were spoken to

Even if you don't like Guy Martin, & think of him in the same way as (eg...) Jeremy Kyle, Jeremy Clarkson*, Piers Morgan.....etc....
Watch this, for the content, & his reverence for the subject

*Clarkson can do very good documentary when he wants to, find his programmes on the Victoria Cross, & Isambard Kingdon Brunel!

Last edited:
OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
The Boys - 8/10 so far

Half way through the fourth series and it's still as riotously weird and entertaining as it always has been. Saw an advert for a spin-off series, Gen V which looks good too. I don't usually bother with series like that, especially not when it's a "kiddy" version, but from what I understand it very much isn't.

Top Bottom