What needs changing on bikes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Emergency parachute braking system. Just in case my brakes fail…again….
https://www.mtnbikeriders.com/2010/11/28/alternative-braking-systemparachute/

Chief Broom

Veteran
Bring back the quill stem so theres actually some height adjustment to play with :okay: spose aheadsets are ok for young whippersnappers :laugh: but my spine is like a stack of loose pebbles and there isnt any bike i could ride [comfortably] out of a showroom.

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Bring back the quill stem so theres actually some height adjustment to play with :okay: spose aheadsets are ok for young whippersnappers :laugh: but my spine is like a stack of loose pebbles and there isnt any bike i could ride [comfortably] out of a showroom.

I can recommend breaking your spine and losing the front half of a disc - means you can still bend over and ride your race bikes from 30 years ago. :whistle:

mustang1

Legendary Member
Magnetic frictionless wheels, ditto for the cranks, built in super unbreakable lock. Maybe a self cleaning chain.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
I often think bikes need more bacon.

Street_Food_Bike_Cargo_Bike_Banco_Legno_1-a.jpg

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I'm pretty sure at least 75% of my riding is uphill. 20% would be more or less level, and only 5% noticeably downhill.

Perhaps the local bike paths were laid out by MC Escher.

Escher loop rides do exist (when measured in units of time if you see what i mean).
Here's my recent one in north Cornwall, in the right direction to make it mostly down and flat, and therefore lots of nice fast bits too (when not constantly stopping to take pics or check the map).

Obviously had to climb back to my starting elevation eventually, but that was compressed into mostly one short effort.

It felt the perfect ride; might have been less good in reverse!
1000016113.png

Top Bottom