What ‘One does it all’ bike……

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

All uphill

Still rolling along
Thanks! On paper the Genesis is undoubtedly the "better" bike (and on retail cost nearly three times as much) however I love the Fuji for its sensible, unpretentious yet capable spec and the reminder that you don't have to spend the earth to get a really good bike :smile:

Your Marin looks really nice; I think 3x9 is potentially the sweet spot for utility gearing and it looks well-sorted with the rack and decent-coverage guards.

When you strip away all the marketing crap you can get such a capable bike for not a lot of money if you go old and steel, and are prepared to put a bit of time in :smile:

I once added up everything I've spent on this bike and over six years it comes to £500 including the purchase price. I've covered around 5000 miles so that's not too bad.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
I once added up everything I've spent on this bike and over six years it comes to £500 including the purchase price. I've covered around 5000 miles so that's not too bad.

Nice - my Fuji owes me about the same, although that includes a load of spares-in-waiting and the pannier bags which are obviously applicable to other bikes too. It's only seen about 2k miles so far though!

Of course on top of all that I imagine both bikes have now been fully gone-through, so barring the odd consumable ongoing costs should drop to next to nowt :smile:

OP
OP
sevenfourate

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
To follow-up - I have now purchased one of these in White. And after pondering longer than I probably should 🤦‍♂️

https://www.tritoncycles.co.uk/urban-bikes-c4/hybrid-c30/fx-3-disc-urban-commuter-bike-2023-p40514

Spec looks enough for my needs / use: (Carbon fork, 1 x 10 Deore gear-set, Shimano Hydraulic brakes, will take 42c tyres etc). And Triton cycles as a Premier Trek dealer - build the bike and do a handover at delivery - so it’s 100% ready to ride).

I’m guessing it’s going to feel a whole lot ‘slicker’ than my Sons Carrera I’ve been using this year (And I’ve LOVED). I’ll have saved weight, gained a couple of gears, will actually be able to stop now too ! Getting more excited than a grown man should….😎

Attachments

• IMG_4659.jpeg
    IMG_4659.jpeg
    91.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4657.jpeg
    IMG_4657.jpeg
    59.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4660.jpeg
    IMG_4660.jpeg
    119 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4658.jpeg
    IMG_4658.jpeg