Unconventional meals involving ingredients totally incompatible you make and like, despite the disdain you may receive for making and eating them

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PK99

Legendary Member
I'm about to have one of my faves tomorrow

Sicilian pasta with Tomatoes, Anchovies, Almonds, Capers, Sultanas, Garlic and Olive Oil served with fresh Basil (out of the garden) Maz got some lovely 'Cherry Tomatoes on the Vine'

It's a Nigella recipe but no doubt she nicked it whilst on a jolly to Sicily but google it, bloody delicious but when you tell people what's in it they generally go 'bleargh' Anchovies and Sultanas. xx( but it tastes heavenly

Yummie. Acid. Umami. Salt. Sweet. Bring it on!

gbb

Squire
Shepherds Pie....with sliced mushroom in it.
Almost to a man (and woman), everyone I've suggested it to goes...ughhh, that's wrong.

It's wonderful, gives it a lovely little something extra.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Shepherds Pie....with sliced mushroom in it.
Almost to a man (and woman), everyone I've suggested it to goes...ughhh, that's wrong.

It's wonderful, gives it a lovely little something extra.

My wife makes brilliant steak & kidney pie, but kidney isn't all that easy to get and sometimes our butcher doesn't have any. When this happens, she uses mushrooms as fake kidey. Works pretty well.

Justinitus

Warning: May Contain Pie
Sausage and Marmalade sandwich

One of my all time faves, along with sausage and coleslaw :okay:

One of my childhood favourites which I still enjoy is a bowl of porridge with some Jacob’s Cream Crackers spread with butter and Branston pickle for dipping in the porridge. Amazing.

Egg mayo sandwich is another that I used to and still do love - but with a little grated lemon rind and the merest splash of lemon juice mixed in. I saw that on a cooking show once and it absolutely transforms a basic egg mayo sarnie.

When making a crumble, I put a pinch of rock salt in the topping mix before baking - the little crystals add the occasional crunch and zing when consuming. Everyone who’s tried it loves it.

Finally a square of dark chocolate and a stick of cinnamon in a chilli (remove cinnamon when cooked), again nabbed from a tv cooking show.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've bought some 'fresh' 4 cheese tortellini and some carbonara sauce. I'm thinking of adding finely chopped cauliflower and broccoli and cut in half garlic cloves and maybe some double cream I have, before it nears its best before date. 🤔

Top Bottom