UK Documentary looking for 'Extreme' Cycle Commuters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi everyone,

I'm working on a Channel 5 documentary series about 'extreme commuting', we've been looking at people who fly, drive, get a train, and my thoughts have recently turned to the bike! Does anyone on here do a very long / interesting dare I say it ........... Extreme! Bike journey to work everyday? Do you cross the South Downs? Brave endless gales and downpours? Perhaps you cross a mountain to get somewhere regularly? Or do you just cycle a LONG way?

I'd love to hear from you, and the bike a place in our series, probably looking for UK / Western Europe only at this point.

roadsandcommutes@stv.tv

Many thanks,

Nathan Lomax-Cooke
Assistant Producer - STV London

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Calling @Supersuperleeds @gaz @ianrauk Alien8 and others.

My commuting miles seem tiny by comparison of 10-30 miles each way.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Nathan, please give us absolute assurance that this wont turn into more cyclist-baiting on the telly? Some of us have become a little distrustful of the way the media portray cycling...

OP
OP
N

Nathan Lomax-Cooke

Nathan, please give us absolute assurance that this wont turn into more cyclist-baiting on the telly? Some of us have become a little distrustful of the way the media portray cycling...
Certainly no cycle bashing here, just looking at people's journeys to work. I'm a cyclist myself (8 miles through central london everyday, not that impressive I know) but I certainly wouldn't want to condone 'cycle baiting'.

N

mangid

Guru
This time of the year with me it would be 2.5 hours of dark dimly lit wet road. Possibly the British equivalent of of Norwegian Slow TV ?

Top Bottom