Tour de France Femmes 2024 SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Fantastic stage today! Brilliant win for Ghekiere. Battle mode for Demi and Kasia. It’s going to be super tense tomorrow up Alpe d’Huez. Demi looked really strong at the end when she sprinted for the bonus seconds, she could easily win this tomorrow. But heck, so could Kasia!

I’m actually really glad I won’t be able to watch it live tomorrow as we’ll be cycling all day. I find live sport almost too tense to watch sometimes, I’d rather watch once I know the result! It’s going to be fireworks!

OP
OP
Dogtrousers

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
That was EPIC

Aravis

Putrid Donut
That was EPIC
Indeed it was. I'd begun to wonder if anyone was watching. Not the result Wiebes will have wanted :hello:

As I understand it, it's still the motorbikes that supply the data for the time gaps, so the numbers on screen wobble all over the place and you have little idea whether the changes you are seeing accurately reflect what is happening. Not ideal with a finish like today's especially when the commentators, who know this perfectly well, continually forget all about it and scream away when they notice the gap's suddenly come down.

TomDW

I actually think women’s cycling is often more watchable than the men.

Indeed, it's a bit more like Paris-Nice or the C.Dauphine where it can be unclear till the last stage.
Total tear fest at the end from Vollering & Niewiadoma.

The result had much to do with Lucinda Brand, a giant of a cyclist compared to others, who they could draft behind in the final valley.

OP
OP
Dogtrousers

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
As I understand it, it's still the motorbikes that supply the data for the time gaps, so the numbers on screen wobble all over the place and you have little idea whether the changes you are seeing accurately reflect what is happening.
Not to mention the fact that - even if the times were spot on - any acceleration at the front, like when Rooijackers attacked, won't affect the time gap until the chasers get to the point where it happened. And then there's 10, 6 and 4 bonus seconds and who is going to get which bonus.:wacko: I gave up watching the time gap and just watched the incredible efforts.

Last edited:

scragend

There's a lot to be said for a mountain stage as the final stage. For me it brings a lot more tension than a time trial because they're actually competing against each other on the road with the ups and downs that that brings (literally and figuratively) rather than just against the clock.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I switched it on with 4km to go and had to turn it off until I knew the results! Incredible stuff! Thrilled for Kasia but my heart aches for Demi too! What a result for Fenix Deceunick (sp) to come third AND get QOM AND a stage win! Punching well above their weight!!

13 rider

Guru
I switched it on with 4km to go and had to turn it off until I knew the results! Incredible stuff! Thrilled for Kasia but my heart aches for Demi too! What a result for Fenix Deceunick (sp) to come third AND get QOM AND a stage win! Punching well above their weight!!
If you dont want to get emotional,don't watch Demi's post race interview 😞

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Yeah I really feel for Demi!

I also lost some love for Evita Muzik who did NOT need to sprint for third! I’m assuming the red mist was down but it was an unnecessary move! Or it was because Demi is prob in her team next year and she wanted some brownie points!

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Blanka Vas has been a favourite of mine since she won a stage in last year's Giro, so naturally I was delighted she won. Given that Wiebes was out of contention for the stage and better placed to help Vollering, it would have seemed very negative thinking if they'd tried to pull Vas back as well. And as pointed out above she stops Kasia getting the 10 seconds which helps Vollering.

You have to think, though, that if you were in the lead group with a few kms to go, knowing you have a good chance in the sprint, you might not want your radio to be working properly.

Whichever way you look at it the race has become a lot more interesting. Not that it wasn't already good.

On this (belatedly) I agree! I don’t think Blanka should have come back! Lorena though…

Cathryn

Legendary Member
If I was a pro (ha, literally never) I would NOT want to be on SDWorx! I’d want to be on Lidl Trek, Canyon or EF!

No one who saw me ride up a mountain or literally crawl down the other side yesterday would be inviting me to join their team anyway!

Top Bottom