Tour de France 2024 SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
Can't please everyone I guess....great Tour and I think we're lucky to be able to watch such top riders !
Can't argue with the podium if that's how it finishes.
Pog has been the best we've ever seen him...took his revenge for the last two tours and took it with style...panache if you like.
A more than worthy champ !
Vingo has to be applauded for a brave battle coming back from that horror crash ! I mean plenty had wrote his chances off before this Tour,still came second and never stopped battling chapeau ! He'll bounce back and that rivalry will too 😍
Remco in third.....never doubted him ! He's class.
Can't believe it's over !

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
It's been brilliant.
Respect to Jonas for an amazing effort.
Remco, for proving the Remco doubters wrong, and yet still managing to piss off a few people along the way.
Jasper the Disaster for playing the pantomime villain so well and keeping the green jersey competition alive
Jonas Abrahamsen for animating things early on and giving the commentators something to say: He gained 20kg, you know.

One last push now, Remco.

13 rider

Guru
It's been brilliant.
Remco, for proving the Remco doubters wrong, and yet still managing to piss off a few people along the way.
Jasper the Disaster for playing the pantomime villain so well and keeping the green jersey competition alive
Jonas Abrahamsen for animating things early on and giving the commentators something to say: He gained 20kg, you know.

You missed a certain number 35 stage win for Cav which seems ages ago

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
If you didn't enjoy this Tour then I'd suggest maybe watching basketball instead?
Virtually every stage had some jeopardy, whether it was sprints with Cav's 35th, Jasper (boo, boo) or the sheer joy of Bini winning for a continent...
Or Pog showing himself to be a generational talent. Or could Vingo come back, which was possible until yesterday. And Vingo's sheer will to win despite all odds.
Carapaz recovering from T de Suisse injuries to win the polka dots.
The gravel stage.
Remco coming of age
Need I go on, and on, and on.... 😀
Still, it's all a matter of opinion!

It's been brilliant.

Oh, and this (I'm not crying... HE'S crying!):

View: https://x.com/LeTour/status/1814708190568657383?t=PSCe26pyar2L8EmACL0a7w&s=19

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Probably the most boring tour since the Froome years.

Good job we don’t all feel the same. Personally, I’ve found it one of the most enjoyable.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I miss Dan Lloyd on comms and in the Breakaway with his calmness, insight and dry humour to temper the enthusiastic input of Adam Blyth etc.
Dani Rowe is fine but every time she gives her expert opinion about how the riders feel in the third week of a Grand Tour, I can't help thinking...

Larry is a nice guy and is decent on the Cycling Pod but needs to up his game if he wants a post career gig!

Robbie is very, very good with a wealth of insight and genuine love of the sport. His experience in the peloton is recent enough to be relevant still.
Sean is Sean - he's wooden in the studio but better on comms as long as that tosser Carlton isn't there too.

I'll resist the temptation to give my expanded version of contempt for CK ^_^

Aravis

Putrid Donut
I've thoroughly enjoyed watching. On the awesomeness index it's been off the scale. Some good side-shows too.

Tension and jeopardy, less so. Many people's idea of the most exciting tour ever is 1989, when neither of the pair who fought it out at the end had been anywhere near their best and each laid huge blows on the other over the three weeks.

Here we've had the leading three near to faultless throughout, all enhancing their reputations. So the future, for a few years at least, looks to be in good hands.

Much is rightly made of where Pogacar is at such a young age, and the comparisons with Merckx and Hinault are obvious and valid. Both of those had had enough soon after reaching 30, and maybe Pogacar doesn't have as long to go as we might think.

It's not all over yet, is it? A fast, technical descent at the end of the TT with a high probability of a thunderstorms. Do we think it might be neutralised?

Adam4868

Guru
I don't mind any of the Eurosport team.I find I can go on or off any of them but in the back of my mind I'm always thinking....thank feck I'm not forced to listen to Millar and Boulting 🤣
Back to todaysTT can't see any major changes to GC so what do we reckon....
Pog in first for a change.
Remco second although two stage wins and a podium would be nice 😍
Vinny in third back stronger next year champ

Last edited:

Jameshow

Veteran
I miss Dan Lloyd on comms and in the Breakaway with his calmness, insight and dry humour to temper the enthusiastic input of Adam Blyth etc.
Dani Rowe is fine but every time she gives her expert opinion about how the riders feel in the third week of a Grand Tour, I can't help thinking...

Larry is a nice guy and is decent on the Cycling Pod but needs to up his game if he wants a post career gig!

Robbie is very, very good with a wealth of insight and genuine love of the sport. His experience in the peloton is recent enough to be relevant still.
Sean is Sean - he's wooden in the studio but better on comms as long as that tosser Carlton isn't there too.

I'll resist the temptation to give my expanded version of contempt for CK ^_^

Nothing compares to Sherwin and liggett!

The soundtrack to my cycling childhood.
It's been a dull tour in terms of competition tbh but so have 75% of all tours. What with indrain, Armstrong, Froome, Pog,

Also it's been a tour marred by previous injuries so most of the competition have been affected.

Top Bottom