Tour de France 2015 - may contain nuts and SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jarlrmai

Veteran
Yeah he just faded again....

Surprised that Majka was given his head today. Kinda suggests Tinkov are not putting all their eggs in one basket and perhaps think Contador doesn't have the form or have already accepted the gap's too big and Froome too dominant but then again today's stage probably lent itself to a breakaway and tomorrow it's back to chaperone duties.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
The descent looked very fast and perhaps not 'technical' enough for an attack.

Yes, I did think that but then thought he was building up to an attack when he went to the front up the Tourmalet

Has any one here tried the descending stance used by Majka?
Looks a bit unbalanced to me..
I'd have nowhere to tuck me belly in

I asked about this during the Giro - there are a few riders that do it. Someone asserted that it was more aero but no-one came up with any empirical evidence (or in fact any evidence at all).

Surprised that Majka was given his head today. Kinda suggests Tinkov are not putting all their eggs in one basket and perhaps think Contador doesn't have the form or have already accepted the gap's too big and Froome too dominant but then again today's stage probably lent itself to a breakaway and tomorrow it's back to chaperone duties.

I wonder if they just realised it was one they could pinch - Majka did say he was told to try for the breakaway, and it made little difference to the GC group (though it's easy to say that afterwards!)

Last edited:

bikeman66

^ THIS - yes, indeed.

I dont see the point in even bothering about the tour, or any other cycling race, if you dont think there is something better going on these days .... unless you just watch it for the scenery, I suppose.

To me it boils down to this: I either choose to think they are clean now, or stop watching it altogether . ..... the endless cynicism is tedious and pointless .. who are these nay-sayers, what are they getting out of it? I'd rather not bother, if I thought they were still cheating to that extent. Even after the horrilbe feeling I had at being decieved by Lance I can still allow hope to triumph and enjoy this year's race with an open heart.
Absolutely agree Suzeworld.

I believe Team Sky are clean, but it's hard to stick to that belief when so many people from so many different angles keep trying to say otherwise.

I actually cling to the belief Team Sky (and Froome in particular) are clean, as a fantastic beacon of achievement for the sport. I remember the day it finally broke about the whole Armstrong affair. Here was a man who in my eyes was an absolute legend, beating cancer and then beating the Tour..........or so we thought! The day I found out the extent of his cheating I just felt empty, to the point where I couldn't even eat my dinner. His books, which I actually thoroughly enjoyed reading, were burned shortly afterwards.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
I think most GC contenders and their teams were looking to tomorrow, hence the success of a breakaway. Can't believe that a day with the Col de Tourmalet and Col D'Aspin in it was the easier middle day!

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
This post is priceless: http://forum.cyclingnews.com/viewtopic.php?p=1765172#p1765172

To save you the bother of reading it, the gist is: British cycling is the new East Germany.
Bah. That's quite sane. Watch out for those Norwegians in the vanguard of the British cultural empire.

You shouldnt take anything coming from Norway serious in this matter. Norway is a Great Britain colony and part of the staunchest defenders of the cultural empire. Critics against anything coming from "the west" and you will surely have a norwegian leading the witch hunt. Link

Top Bottom