Tour de France 2015 - may contain nuts and SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
Yes, I'd forgotten Barry.

I seem to remember Froome's had TUEs for quite a few things. I wouldn't want to deny anyone the opportunity to compete but at the same time TUEs often seem to me like a slippery slope - where do you draw the line between restoring someone to normal for them, restoring someone to normal for an ideal physiology, and pushing someone who really shouldn't be racing.

In the case of Froome's form yesterday, there's a lot of plausible explanation that doesn't require invoking doping.

Don't forget he also stormed the first mountain stage in 2013 to Ax-3-Domaines and everyone came back at him the next day. Mind you, he also won the Tour that year...

He has had 2, am sure he said that in an interview, might have been with Kimmage...he does have asthma so will also have a tue for that...I think

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Pretty sure he's got a TUE for asthma treatment

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
They say a change is as good as a rest, and I rather liked Carlton Kirby to begin with. After all, he's not Phil and Paul.

But he's beginning to grate.

Perhaps I should tune over to ITV for a dose of Statler & Waldorf.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Just to go back to the whole Froome thing, who else remembers 2012 when "everyone" said that Wiggo should step aside because Froome was clearly the better cyclist and that the only reason Sky were pushing Wiggins was because he was a proper Brit and not an import? And now that Froome's winning, "everyone" says he's clearly only able to do so because he's cheating.

:banghead:

I'm with the others who have said that if you don't trust anyone in professional racing, get a new sporting interest as you'll never be happy.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Just to go back to the whole Froome thing...

No, don't, we're enjoying slagging Statler and Waldorf off. Don't make me think about doping again.

I think the only reason Froome's so good is because of the combined hot air from the Twittersphere blowing him along.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Now why am I thinking about that episode of Father Ted, where Ted was looking for the priest with the most boring voice? "Indeed I do have an incredibly boooring voice". What brought that to mind?

Ah, it's Sean Kelly.

Wafer

Veteran
I think the only reason Froome's so good is because of the combined hot air from the Twittersphere blowing him along.

Pretty sure yesterday on commentary they made the incredible statement that all climbers like a tailwind because it helps get them going...
Perhaps that's why Froome has the elbow-y style, catch the wide and sail up the mountains.....

Top Bottom