Tour de France 2015 - may contain nuts and SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well, on a quick count I make it 41 stage wins since London 2012 (including 4 TdF stages, one this year), plus 5 GC / overall wins and a good handful of points jerseys. Since a dip in 2010 he's also been building more wins every year except for 2014. Not too shabby on the whole.

As Sagan demonstrated yesterday winning a tour stage is not just a matter of turning up - other people have the same idea - the problem is Cav has made it look so easy over the years

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Pretty awful stuff, no need for that at all. Maybe we will see a Badger style response in the coming days. View attachment 96617

http://inrng.com/2012/03/the-story-of-the-hinault-photo/

Slaav

Guru
In my view, Sagan would have won if he hadn't initially gone 'inside' for his sprint finish. Call it what you will but when that door was shut, he gad to ease off slightly and change sides to avoid bring squished into the barriers.

That tiny change is enough to lose the stage at this level. To ease off once the burners are on, effectively losing some momentum and then stick the after burners on again probably cost him a couple of bike lengths all in. He knew it and eased up before the line.

Well that's how I saw it anyway.....

raindog

er.....
Pretty awful stuff, no need for that at all. Maybe we will see a Badger style response in the coming days.
Or even a Berto style response?

berto punch.jpg

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
The only false flat that I'm familiar with is when you're bombing along at 20mph on the flat. "I'm on fire today" you think, then look at you Garmin and it says -3%
I found some false downhill last Saturday up near Amulree. The hills conspired to make the gradient look different. I couldn't work out why I was working so hard going downhill, then found I'd just climbed another 20m!

I thought a false flat was when you're absolutely certain you've got a back wheel puncture but you haven't and in fact you're just a bit shoot that day.

I thought a false flat was when you're absolutely certain you've got a back wheel puncture but you haven't and in fact you're just a bit shoot that day.[/QUOTE

Just exposes your ignorance (again) - I suppose if you have only seen "proper" hills on the telly it is probably understandable :smile:

A group of 24 have made a break:
Andriy Grivko (Astana), Matthieu Ladagnous (FDJ), Peter Sagan (Tinkoff), Adriano Malori (Movistar), Warren Barguil and Koen de Kort (Giant), Giampaolo Caruso and Alberto Losada (Katusha), Pieter Weening and Simon Yates (Orica-GreenEdge), Rigoberto Uran (Etixx), Pierre Rolland and Cyril Gautier (Europcar), Bob Jungels (Trek), Ruben Plaza and Rafael Valls (Lampre), Andrew Talansky and Ryder Hesjedal (Cannondale-Garmin), Luis Angel Maté (Cofidis), Jarlinson Pantano (IAM), Bartosz Huzarski and Paul Voss (Bora), Pierre-Luc Périchon (Bretagne-Séché Environnement) and Stephen Cummings (MTN)

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
A group of 24 have made a break:
Andriy Grivko (Astana), Matthieu Ladagnous (FDJ), Peter Sagan (Tinkoff), Adriano Malori (Movistar), Warren Barguil and Koen de Kort (Giant), Giampaolo Caruso and Alberto Losada (Katusha), Pieter Weening and Simon Yates (Orica-GreenEdge), Rigoberto Uran (Etixx), Pierre Rolland and Cyril Gautier (Europcar), Bob Jungels (Trek), Ruben Plaza and Rafael Valls (Lampre), Andrew Talansky and Ryder Hesjedal (Cannondale-Garmin), Luis Angel Maté (Cofidis), Jarlinson Pantano (IAM), Bartosz Huzarski and Paul Voss (Bora), Pierre-Luc Périchon (Bretagne-Séché Environnement) and Stephen Cummings (MTN)

That's an all-star breakaway. Several riders trying to go for a stage win after their expected GC challenge faltered. With the quality, if they get organised , they can definitely succeed. Go Simon Yates!

They've broken up a bit

Race situation at km 63:

Grivko, Ladagnous, Sagan, Uran, Jungels, Plaza and Pantano in the lead

At 15 seconds: Bakelants, Castroviejo, Golas, Gautier and Cummings

At 20 seconds: Bardet, Van Avermaet, S. Yates

At 40 seconds: Pinot, Roy, De Kort, Koren

At 55 seconds: Périchon

At 1.20: Maté

At 1.35: peloton

Top Bottom