Tour de France 2015 - may contain nuts and SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SWSteve

Guru
INRNG spot on today. Probably the best cycling site

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 71

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
as far as I'm concerned Sagan went for the win, took Greg Van Avermaets wheel, waited, tried to go around when the road flattened but he just didn't have the legs...

that just doesn't make sense, Sagan made the all that effort to get on Van Avermaets wheel, and as above just didn't have the legs, Sagan needs and wants a win, I can't see it any other way.....
I only saw it live but I also got the impression that PS gave a big order to his legs but they didn't respond.

Keith Oates

Janner
I don't know if this has already been discussed here but Porte says some one in the crowd has punched as he went by them. The anti SKY feelings are coming to the fore with some people, maybe the ones who were booing Froome, showing their SPORTSMANSHIP in a very positive manner.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

perplexed

Guru
I know we didn't expect Cav to really contest the lumpy end to the last stage, but what the heck's happened to his timing and positioning? He just seems to be all over the place at the moment on the intermediate sprints and the bunch finishes.

I still maintain that he's not been the same since training for the Olympic road race.

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
I don't know if this has already been discussed here but Porte says some one in the crowd has punched as he went by them. The anti SKY feelings are coming to the fore with some people, maybe the ones who were booing Froome, showing their SPORTSMANSHIP in a very positive manner.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If it's happening here it makes the Alps more worrying.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I don't know if this has already been discussed here but Porte says some one in the crowd has punched as he went by them.
Jeez, I really hope it was an accidental contact. But if it wasn't, it wouldn't be the first time. Merckx was punched, and quite badly injured.

Pretty awful stuff, no need for that at all. Maybe we will see a Badger style response in the coming days.
Hinault-Paris-NiceSmall-740299.jpg

ITV4 viewers, expect to hear the words "what I like to call a false flat" a lot.

Ive no idea what the commentators in question refer to as "false flats" as I rarely listen to the commentary :smile: - however I know exactly what they are talking about - many a time in the Alps and Pyrenees Ive stopped because my legs didn't seem to be working properly - and only then realised how steep the road is ^_^

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
I know we didn't expect Cav to really contest the lumpy end to the last stage, but what the heck's happened to his timing and positioning? He just seems to be all over the place at the moment on the intermediate sprints and the bunch finishes.

I still maintain that he's not been the same since training for the Olympic road race.

Well, on a quick count I make it 41 stage wins since London 2012 (including 4 TdF stages, one this year), plus 5 GC / overall wins and a good handful of points jerseys. Since a dip in 2010 he's also been building more wins every year except for 2014. Not too shabby on the whole.

Top Bottom