Tour de France 2013 *spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Surely we are not discounting Evans from a possible podium spot?? Being the most boring rider in the TDF doth not necessarily make him weak. In fact, bearing in mind that anything can happen in the Tour - crashes included, Evans would seem like a decent outside bet for the overall. No more than a tenner mind @ 25/1.

Maybe i've just had too much coffee for the day.

Anyway, if all pans out then i think the podium will be:

Froome
Contador
Evans

The rest in no order:

Vangarderen
Porte
Purito
Valverde
Rolland
Talansky
Quintana

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I believe that Porte will have to start pulling the bunch much earlier than Froome needed to do last year, so I expect Porte to drop a bit earlier (than if he would be leader in another team)

Don't forget that Sky lost Siutsou very early on last year, and were also carrying baggage in the form of Cav (and Eisel as his minder). Barring mishaps, I reckon they're actually stronger this year, simply because they're fully focused on the sole objective.

Purito...
Pinot, Rolland, Costa, Quintana, Porte, Martin, Van Garderen, Moreno

Can't believe I forgot about Purito! He'll be top ten for sure. And Pinot! I've even got him in my fantasy team too. Some other good names in there I'd forgotten about too.

VamP

Banned
I suppose that Froome might win. I am far from convinced that he's nailed on though.

What about green? Cav or Sagan? Anyone else with a look in?

The Couch

Über Member
My podium prediction. Two dopers and one clean rider.
It's probably going to be either 3 clean riders or 3 dopers (can't see a clean rider beating dopers... we all know the Big Tex example)

Surely we are not discounting Evans from a possible podium spot??
Evans would seem like a decent outside bet for the overall
True, but -personally - I don't see him doing well in 2 GTs (the Giro was anyway quite gruelling)
Maybe i've just had too much coffee for the day.
Probably yes

Don't forget that Sky lost Siutsou very early on last year
Very good point.. but I believe he couldn't have done much more than what Hagen, Rogers and Porte already did
and were also carrying baggage in the form of Cav (and Eisel as his minder). Barring mishaps, I reckon they're actually stronger this year, simply because they're fully focused on the sole objective.
I agree that this is a very strong team, I am just not sure that in the mountains they have the same strength (or are stronger) as last year...
And if Porte has to start pulling on the last climb from too far away from the finish line, he's not going to have the same shot at a good GC position

Does anybody believe that some of these guys could be reach a (bit of a) suprise top 10?
Taaramae
Navarro
Nieve
Gadret

All are pretty much "under-the-radar" (or if you prefer "underachieving to the expectations" in the last year :smile: ) riders but who (should) have targeted the Tour as focus point

Has Gadret done anything since finishing 3rd in the 2011 Giro?

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I suppose that Froome might win. I am far from convinced that he's nailed on though.

What about green? Cav or Sagan? Anyone else with a look in?
i've gone for sagan on this one, think he got more in the tank during the mountain stages than cav

Hont

Guru
can't see a clean rider beating dopers

Final GC from 2011...
22px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png
Cadel Evans (AUS) 20px-Jersey_yellow.svg.png BMC Racing Team
86h 12′ 22″
22px-Flag_of_Luxembourg.svg.png
Andy Schleck (LUX) Leopard Trek
+ 1′ 34″
22px-Flag_of_Luxembourg.svg.png
Fränk Schleck (LUX) Leopard Trek