Tour de France 2013 *spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldroadman

Veteran
On another note, is everyone who comments on the Cyclingnews Tour coverage a troll or an idiot or both?

They mostly (looking at the spelling/grammar, or lack of it) seem to be posting from over the Atlantic. Where conspiracy rules, it would seem. After Lance, they can't believe anyone can do anything clean. Therefore you could deduce they are both trolls and intellectually challenged.

oldroadman

Veteran
Whoever thought Froome looked as if he was climbing "easily" must have been watching different coverage to me! Climbing "easily" is what happened in the LA/Riis era, when riders would produce 6+ watts/kg sitting comfortably and closed mouth, looking like they were just super comfortable, day after day. Looking at the faces (copyright Tommy V) on Kennaugh and Porte -Carlton Kirby said he was grinning, so I guess he's never ridden up a col, and certainly not at race pace - this was no "easy" ride, and Froome was putting himself through all kinds of pain on the last climb.
As for Bertie, maybe what showed yesterday was his real ability? Who knows.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Has anyone mentioned Nieve? He had a pretty good day too, quietly climbed a good way up GC. Too far behind to be a threat though.

Today's prediction: Dan Martin. Or Bauke Mollema.

yello

this was no "easy" ride, and Froome was putting himself through all kinds of pain on the last climb.

In fairness, I don't think anyone (here) has suggested it was easy, nor that Froome wasn't going well into the red. I think it's more that he did and others couldn't. Nobody could even remotely answer him. But let's see what today brings.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I think Froome will attack on the last hill again, distance the original GC threats and gain another 30 seconds. A break may win the stage! You heard it hear first - maybe. Pinot FTW

rich p

ridiculous old lush
In fairness, I don't think anyone (here) has suggested it was easy, nor that Froome wasn't going well into the red. I think it's more that he did and others couldn't. Nobody could even remotely answer him. But let's see what today brings.
I think FM in his post suggested Froome looked easy but I agree with ORM that he was on the limit and it looked far from easy.
Yesterday Carlton Kirby drove me insane with his inane babbling. Richie Porte and Froome weren't grinning, you fecking idiot - they were grimacing and sucking in air. Someone should tell him that letting the pictures tell the story is sometimes enough. The Richie Benaud school of commentary.
Kirby and Kelly didn't even spot that Kiryenka had dropped off on the penultimate hill. I may turn the sound off today^_^

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Dan Lloyd's pick of the day is Cunego. Sean Yates has gone for Nieve. Interesting.

Top Bottom