Tour de France 2013 *spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thom

____
Ok, any fool want to bet against Cav for tomorrow ?

06-profile.jpg

SWSteve

Guru
Ok, any fool want to bet against Cav for tomorrow ?

06-profile.jpg

I'm not sure, it looks like a lot of climbing - will he be able to stay with the peloton?

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
There's a whole 12 metres of climbing in the final kilometre...
stage6lastkm.png

I had a look at the finish on Google Earth. They skirt round the town centre and the last corner is a sweeping left-hander, with a bit over 1km to go, then it's a straight-ish run along a broad dual carriageway to the finish line. No "technical" stuff at all.

It has Cav's name written all over it.

Yep i think Cav or Greipel for today. They are the best sprinters but just as important is their lead out. They have the ability to boss the final 10k and make it near impossible for anyone else to get a look in.
Sagan will likely be top 3 again too but will not likely beat Cav or Greipel with only one or two lead out or having to jump on the wheel of another.

Green jersey is Sagan's to lose imo. He's always there in the sprints and will be at the end of many finishes that the big sprinters will not be.

fimm

Veteran
I wondered if Boassen Hagan was using Cav as his lead-out man? He knew he wouldn't beat Cav, so used him as lead-out in the sprint for second? Or am I reading too much into the mad rush in those last few meters?

Top Bottom