Tour de France 2013 *spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
this has just been on the national news here
http://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme-sur-route/Actualites/Jalabert-positif-a-l-epo-en-1998/381138
Jaja positive for EPO in the '98 Tour. Wonder if he'll still be commenting on the telly when this year's Tour kic ks off? How is he going to explain this away?
"Je suis sous le choc" he says.... and also "Says he doesn't know if he was given EPO, he trusted his team doctors" (from inrng) either that or a big boy made him do it and then ran away.

raindog

er.....
"he trusted his team doctors"
that'll do as well as any other, I suppose :laugh:

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
I'm betting Cav really does care about getting that Stage 1 win and donning the Yellow. As most tdf's start with a TT prologue this is about the only chance he will have to wear the yellow, so he will be super motivated. The stage is tailor made for a big bunch sprint and Cav always seems to rise to the occasion when needed. I really hope he does it.

thom

____
I'm betting Cav really does care about getting that Stage 1 win and donning the Yellow. As most tdf's start with a TT prologue this is about the only chance he will have to wear the yellow, so he will be super motivated. The stage is tailor made for a big bunch sprint and Cav always seems to rise to the occasion when needed. I really hope he does it.
Aye, that's actually what he said in the rest of the article ;-)

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I'm betting Cav really does care about getting that Stage 1 win and donning the Yellow.

It's interesting that he's not going in for his usual sandbagging - "It would be nice to wear the yellow but it's not my main goal." Clearly, he's confident and fancies his chances. And if his form in the Giro is anything to go by, who would bet against him?

I really hope he does it.

+1

I was trying to recall if any other Brits have worn all three jerseys, then I remembered that Wiggo has, so Cav won't be the first to reach that milestone, but I wonder if he could become the first to wear all three in the same year...

VamP

Banned
Aye, that's actually what he said in the rest of the article ;-)

It must get tiresome when you're green jersey contender and journos keep asking about the GC like it's somehow more important.

I can't imagine anyone not wanting to wear yellow even just for that one day, regardless of their main focus.

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
So Cav's done the TdF green, the Giro Red...only the Vuelta points Jersey is missing (not sure of the colour). Along with his Worlds and freshly won National it seems there's not much left not on his palmares. I'd love him to go grab the Vuelta one in 2014.

Question...has anyone ever previously won all three grande tour points Jerseys?????

Oh and the all time TdF stage count still beckons......(which still belongs to Merckx I think?)

beastie

Guru
So Cav's done the TdF green, the Giro Red...only the Vuelta points Jersey is missing (not sure of the colour). Along with his Worlds and freshly won National it seems there's not much left not on his palmares. I'd love him to go grab the Vuelta one in 2014.

Question...has anyone ever previously won all three grande tour points Jerseys?????

Oh and the all time TdF stage count still beckons......(which still belongs to Merckx I think?)
Em.. he won the Vuelta points classification 2 year ago.

oldroadman

Veteran
Amongst all this jersey talk, anyone prepared to take 250/1 on Cav winning a climber's jersey, anywhere, in a GT or 2.HC? Thought not...about 1% chance of winning the lottery! :rolleyes:

Top Bottom