Toothache...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simon.r

Person
...argghhhhh:sad:

After a day and a half of suffering and not much chance of seeing a dentist before Thursday tea time I have taken to my bed with some strong co-codamol and a bottle of cheap red plonk. All warnings about mixing prescribed drugs and alcohol will be ignored:tongue:

Gary E

Veteran
You have my sympathy.
Frankly I don't know which I hate worse, toothache or dentists!!
It must be dentists actually as I always put up with toothache until I'm absolutely certain that it's not going to go away on it's own :laugh:

OP
OP
simon.r

simon.r

Person
Hope it's not an abscess as they get worse...

So do I! It's no worse than last night, I reckon I need an old filling replacing. It's just the constant pain that's annoying. Anyway, enough whingeing, I shall try and occupy my mind by posting drivel on the internet all night:rolleyes:

endoman

Ibuprofen and paracetemol much better than co codamol. Get to the dentist asap, a+e know nothing about these type of dental problems, I spend all my working day sorting out these things for other dentists. Chances are the pain will go on it's own as the tooth " dies" but it's still important to get it treated. Best of luck, I know how bad the pain is. If it's hurting for that long then replacing a filling is unlikely to cure it.

OP
OP
simon.r

simon.r

Person
Ibuprofen and paracetemol much better than co codamol. Get to the dentist asap, a+e know nothing about these type of dental problems, I spend all my working day sorting out these things for other dentists. Chances are the pain will go on it's own as the tooth " dies" but it's still important to get it treated. Best of luck, I know how bad the pain is. If it's hurting for that long then replacing a filling is unlikely to cure it.

The co-codamol are 'mixed' (I'm sure that's not the right phrase, but you know what I mean) with paracetamol and I've been taking ibuprofen in-between as well. I have a routine dentist appointment booked for Thursday and I've been in today and asked the receptionist to call me if there are any cancellations before then.

endoman

The co-codamol are 'mixed' (I'm sure that's not the right phrase, but you know what I mean) with paracetamol and I've been taking ibuprofen in-between as well. I have a routine dentist appointment booked for Thursday and I've been in today and asked the receptionist to call me if there are any cancellations before then.

Sounds a good pain kill combo, hope it all gets sorted.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'm still waiting for the dental equivalent of the 'Forget Your Ex' treatment in 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind'! (You take a couple of pills at home, lying in bed, and the next thing you wake up with perfect teeth!) :smile:

Top Bottom