The Skoda Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This showed up as a ‘FaceBook’ memory, from 4 years ago
Thus, it was my Octavia estate
(‘11’ plate/1.6TDi/5-speed manual/remapped)

Not a bad MPG?

Back home, from Northumberland, circa 19:20

With my driving around, after dropping Amelia off at her friends, l've covered 425 miles
There was a curious sea-mist that dissipated less than half-a-mile inland, then it was brilliant sunshine

I 'brimmed' the fuel before leaving, & did the same once home at closest garage
('Black Swan')

On working it out, the average MPG was

Considering the traffic on the A1,
at Newcastle, and the fact that l was 'making progress' south from there, l'm happy with that MPG

If l'd been by myself, l'd have driven back at about 60MPH

Last edited:

Jameshow

Veteran
This showed up as a ‘FaceBook’ memory, from 4 years ago
Thus, it was my Octavia estate
(‘11’ plate/1.6TDi/5-speed manual/remapped)

Not a bad MPG?

Back home, from Northumberland, circa 19:20

With my driving around, after dropping Amelia off at her friends, l've covered 425 miles
There was a curious sea-mist that dissipated less than half-a-mile inland, then it was brilliant sunshine

I 'brimmed' the fuel before leaving, & did the same once home at closest garage
('Black Swan')

On working it out, the average MPG was

Considering the traffic on the A1,
at Newcastle, and the fact that l was 'making progress' south from there, l'm happy with that MPG

If l'd been by myself, l'd have driven back at about 60MPH

Definitely on my next car list!!

screenman

Legendary Member
I have been in business in the motor trade for close on 50 years, during my car dealing days I bought and sold over 5,000 cars, the Octavia I own now and have done for the last 5+ years is the only car I have never got bored with in less than a month, it just does everything right. 2.0 Diesel estate lots of bits including my favourite the active cruise, I bought it direct from Motobility with 20,000 miles on it and it is now showing 105,000, I can easily afford to change it but I am extremely reluctant to.

Gunk

Guru
I have been in business in the motor trade for close on 50 years, during my car dealing days I bought and sold over 5,000 cars, the Octavia I own now and have done for the last 5+ years is the only car I have never got bored with in less than a month, it just does everything right. 2.0 Diesel estate lots of bits including my favourite the active cruise, I bought it direct from Motobility with 20,000 miles on it and it is now showing 105,000, I can easily afford to change it but I am extremely reluctant to.

I feel the same about our 2015 Golf GTD DSG, I bought it new and it now has 125000 miles on the clock. Mrs Gunk has used it over the last couple of years whilst I drove a 330d touring. Once retired it wasn’t a difficult decision on what car to get rid of. The Golf is just a far better car than the BMW, it just does everything well.

IMG_1268.jpeg

The old chestnut (to me, anyway) has arisen again
SWMBO is complaining about her Q3 being thirsty/expensive to run (2.0turbo-petrol, that I suggested not buying when she did)
She's once more, wanting (essentially);
1. Me to sell my Kodiaq/px it for an automatic, as she won’t drive due to it being a manual (I'd very seriously consider an Octavia Scout!)

2. Sell the Q3, & buy a smaller automatic, as a 'runabout', seeing as the Q3 is superfluous, as the 'van is on a site (Fabia??)

A neighbour has just got a Yeti, apparently to replace a FIAT 500, & SWMBO likes the look of it!! :notworthy: (the Yeti, not the 500)
Hmm, a nice Tdi, 4x4 model springs to my mind............ :dry:
This saga might be 'on hold' for now, due to the 'free Corsa', as SWMBO is thinking of insuring/VEDing/new tyres & using it as a local runabout (work/shopping/dog-park/vet/etc....)
Somehow, she's decided that she can live with a manual.... :whistle:

The Q3 will be relegated to weekend use/trips to the caravan, so it seems

Which means, I get to keep my Kodiaq:okay::notworthy::hyper:

Last edited:
Tuesday 6th

Not much of a milestone, but on getting home earlier this morning, after chasing up tyres for the Corsa

I bought it at the end of May 2021, with about 33,000 miles showing, so it’s not done a lot with me
I’d just filled it up, hence the low trip-mileage

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/the-skoda-thread.276955/page-31#post-7207268

IMG_1028.jpeg

Last edited:

Jameshow

Veteran
Couple of niggles with my Skoda.... I won't recognise any phones android or I phones.

The water level lights come on. I hope it's not using water!

Apart from that it's great. £50 in fuel for me estimated 450 miles so happy with that.

Top Bottom